Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation after miscarriage - so confused!

KHPKHP
edited Oct 30, 2019 3:55PM in Trying to conceive
Hello! I’m really hoping someone can relate to this and shed some light on your own experiences. I sadly had a miscarriage at 6 weeks, 13 days ago. The bleeding has pretty much stopped with the exception of some light spotting. It happened naturally with no need for a D&C. The doctor told me I could start trying as soon as I feel fit and ready. We are keen to try again ASAP so I purchased digital ClearBlue ovulation tests. I tested positive for ovulation today (it was negative yesterday so feeling hopeful) and the tests give you a 4 day ovulation window. However, my pregnancy tests are still but coming up positive! I know that this is from the mc as we’ve not had sex since it happened. Is it OK to start trying despite the positive pg test? I don’t want to miss the ovulation window but I’m confused how my body can be ovulating yet still showing a positive pg test 🤦🏻‍♀️ It’s such a minefield and the first time I’ve been pregnant/ TCC after a ms. If anyone has experience of this, please reply and share as I’m going out of my mind deciding what to do. Thanks so much! 

Replies

• Options
    Hi, you can't ovulate until hcg is gone or it's very low. How positive ate those tests? I'm asking because lh picks up hcg too and it could give u false positive for ovulation. I mced 3 times, after first I ov at cd11 got pregnant with my son. Then I need when we started for no2 I ov at cd18 got very long cycle, then I ovulated at cd16 and fall pregnant, mced again, then ovulated at cd13 got shorter luteal phase than usual and extremely unusual period pattern. Now I ovulated at cd10 and I'm in my tww. Mc makes mess, I know all this, so precisely coz I do bbt. I suggest u start too if u want to have control over what is happening as opk on their own can be confusing, like right now.
  • Options
    I'm very sorry for ur loss!
  • Options
    Thank you! The pregnancy test positive line was very faint but still positive so it’s very confusing. The ovulation test didn’t come up positive yesterday which is what is confusing me. I used the ovulation test whilst TCC before the mc and they are pretty accurate (I tracked it alongside my Glo app). I passed pretty much everything the first day I started heavily bleeding as a doc couldn’t find the sac or placenta less than 24 hours after I started bleeding, so I don’t think the pg hormones are that strong now as other symptoms have completely gone (sore boobs for example). From your experience, is it possible I am ovulating and I could TCC now despite the pg test being positive? X thank you x
  • Options
    I think if hcg is low enough u can ovulate, if u had lower opk yday and higher today it is possible ur ovulating. What I would do is to bd to cover this opk. But then continue doing opk and continue regular bd just in case. I always prefer safe approach.