Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

100 HCG with bleeding

hello,

is this normal to have a positive test and same day bleed. i got  blood work done and np called me saying it was 100 and it was too low.

Replies

• Options
    Hi, sorry to hear about what's happening, this happened  to me, I tested positive that morning and started bleeding later in the day, turns out I had a mc, I still tested positive for a  few days until the hcg left my body, I do hope it is a different outcome for you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x
  • Options
    itsmissmo said:
    hello,

is this normal to have a positive test and same day bleed. i got  blood work done and np called me saying it was 100 and it was too low.
    Hi,

The same exact thing happened to me over a month ago. I woke up and took a pregnancy test and got my first ever positive, and then started spotting later that same day. I took another test the next morning (since the first one was faint) and got a very definitive positive sign, but I was bleeding profusely. Long story short, I had blood drawn later that day and then two days later, and the doctors confirmed it was a MC. One nurse in the ER (we feared I was ectopic since I had severe pain and swelling on my pelvis) told me she had tons of bleeding with a successful pregnancy though, so I do think it can be possible, but it doesn't seem as common. I really hope it works out for you and that your story ends differently than mine did! <3 
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!! ❤️
  • Options
    Please let me know how you get on, sending hugs ❤
  • Options
    Thank you, Becky! My hcg went up to 237. It doubled. 😀 they will see me for an ultrasound next week. Pray for me! Ty!!
  • Options
    Oh my goodness that is wonderful news - congrats!! Keep us updated! 
  • Options
    Will do!!! Thank you!!
  • Options
    Aw wow that's amazing!! Congratulations hope everything goes good for you! Happy & healthy 9 months x
  • Options
    I bled for the first 16 weeks with my daughter, HCG took its sweet time - she is now 5 xx
  • Options
    Oh wow!!! Thank you!!! I am still hoping. Is it heavy bleed? What was the cause of it?
  • Options
    itsmissmo said:
    Oh wow!!! Thank you!!! I am still hoping. Is it heavy bleed? What was the cause of it?
    They never could tell me why, just that some women do. It was about the same as the second/third day of your period, not the heaviest but definitely needed a pad. Dr thought in the beginning I was having a MC but it soon became clear it was just me. Main thing to look out for was if there were clots etc. How are you feeling now? 
  • Options
    itsmissmo said:
    Thank you, Becky! My hcg went up to 237. It doubled. 😀 they will see me for an ultrasound next week. Pray for me! Ty!!
    I also bled in both
    Pregnancies my babies are 8 and 5 now , they could never find cause for my bleeding however I have had a few cervical erosions frozen on my cervix so they think it could of been them bleeding. Bleeding isn’t a worry as long as there’s no cramps x
  • Options
    Hello!! I am feeling better now. The bleed is not that much but just needed a pad. I noticed i would bleed if i walk a lot but if i am just sitting i am fine. No cramps at all. Just sore boobs, and bloated. I was wondering if should take another pt to see if its darker? Or will it be darker anyways cause my hcg is high already? I appreciate the success stories!!! 

This is a waiting game for me. But i just need to relax. 
  • Options
    itsmissmo said:
    Hello!! I am feeling better now. The bleed is not that I much but just needed a pad. I noticed i would bleed if i walk a lot but if i am just sitting i am fine. No cramps at all. Just sore boobs, and bloated. I was wondering if should take another pt to see if its darker? Or will it be darker anyways cause my hcg is high already? I appreciate the success stories!!! 

This is a waiting game for me. But i just need to relax. 
    You could take one and see if it’s darker! 🤞🏻 X
  • Options
    @itsmissmo are the hospital not putting you in for an early scan? It's up to you whether you want to test again but you may stress yourself out, its a good sing your hcg levels went right up x
  • Options
    No. NP said she will see me when i am 6wks so she can check fetal pole. Right now i am just waiting. Nothing i can do. 😭
  • Options
    itsmissmo said:
    No. NP said she will see me when i am 6wks so she can check fetal pole. Right now i am just waiting. Nothing i can do. 😭
    The waiting is horrible 😩 fingers crossed for you babe x
  • Options
    Aw hun that's awful, welshgirl is right the waiting is awful, I bet it feels like a lifetime, I'll be thinking of you whatever you decide to to, and I'm hoping e everything works out and there is s good ending to this story x
  • Options
    I will update everyone. Ty!! 💙
  • Options
    That's great to hear that the bleeding hasn't picked up, just relax as much as possible (yeah, right!) The sore boobs are a good sign too x
    I wouldn't bother testing again as it won't show you anything more at this stage xx