Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Calling out to ladies with strange periods! Help wanted!

Hi ladies!

Ok, so I have clearly been have some hormone fluctuations as for most of the year my periods have been two months apart and now are showing up one month apart again. 
So, I don't really think I have conceived, but I am having a weird visit from AF and want to see if anyone else has had this and what it might be.

Disclaimer: I am about to go into some detail. Basically, the flow has been super light. Two days ago I had some brown spotting in my panties. Thought ok, AF is on her way. Threw a tampon in and went about my day. All day and only a tiny little splotch of blood. Took out the tampon for evening and over night. Next day, around noon, got a small "gush" of blood and thought, here it is! Just delayed. Threw in a tampon again (totally bad, but forgot about it for a long because didnt have to use bathroom and no period symtoms to remind me) and when I took it out at the end of the day, still only part of it was saturated in brown blood. Put in one more over night and today, no blood at all, tampon came out completely white! 

Two weeks prior, I DTD with Husband with no planning or concern involved since cycles have been up and down. The night after that, I had a huge glob of jelly/snot discharge I actually had to pull out. Looked it up and most people said that was ovulation. Cervix position two days ago with first little bit of brown blood was highish and definitely soft. So IB did cross my mind... But deep down I feel it isn't. Read it is too early to test and feel silly even testing because of the gut feeling that it isn't anything. 
Just wondering if anyone has had an off and on light period like this and what it ended up being. 

Replies

• It's possible everyone is so different it's hard to say but I would give it 3 days and a do an early test it should come up if you know 2 weeks ago would have roughly been when you concieve it could show up in a test now with fmu xx
  • Thank you Fieldyxx.
    I have had a backache for a few days, and now my inner right hip (where it connects to pelvis) has started aching. General ache down right leg. Some kinda bloated, tender feeling in abdomen too. One nipple has has darkened halfway across in a perfect diagonal line too lol. Wondering if all this is just delayed period symptoms though. I've had them all happen (except the inner hip) for AF, but never after bleeding. So, still confused. 
    Anyone out there know what's up? :) 
  • have you done a test yet x
  • Yes, I tested anyway like a day before yesterday and it was negative. Still getting a light crampy feeling and my cervix has been high (out of reach) and soft for a week and a half now. CM post tiny-bleed has ranged from very watery/clear to kinda creamy. 
    To be clear, I am not really trying to symptom spot. If someone thinks they know what's the matter other than pregnancy, I'd be pleased to know. Or if anyone thinks it is pregnancy I'd be pleased to know. Mostly, I'd like to have some idea of why things are abnormal lol
  • I have no idea or answer for you, hopefully you get an answer soon x