Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

7years TTC....could this be the one?

Hello all! I’m very new to this site and it will be my first attempt of trying to publicly explain my battle with TTC.

Very long story short, I found out during my teens that I had polycystic ovaries, VERY irregular/non existing bleeds

My husband and I got married in 2013 and I have been actively trying to get answers for the last five years  however you can imagine this has been very difficult given that I had no idea when or if I was even ovulating.

The past six months I have completely changed my approach with what I’m eating, how I’m living, and over the past four months I have had what I would call very slight bleeds to last month having a period that was very fresh which lasted 4 days*yay for my body!!!* I’ve entered all of this information on to my period app and tracked what I was being told would be my ovulation window…(side note, I downloaded 2 apps as one was completely wrong and  unfortunately it took me a few months to find this out)

I used clear blue digital ovulation test strips to try and catch my fertile days…expecting nothing (which is what I'd always achieved before now....)
You can’t begin to imagine my delight when I got a flashing :-) only to be Followed two days later with a static  :-)!!!

My husband and I got down to it, and that’s putting it lightly! We done the deed once a day for 4 to 5 days covering my whole window of opportunity. 

Since 3dpo I've felt "different". I am fully aware of how this could all be new to me and how my head could be playing tricks but id love it if you ladies gave me your opinions.... I’m trying to stay as grounded as I can, but like many of you I can’t stop my head from ticking over, so here it is...

3dpo - 5dpo = significant bloating
5dpo - 6dpo = headache, bloating, very light nauseous feeling.
6dpo - 7dpo = Boobs boobs boobs!!! My boobs ache under my underarms, shooting pain behind right nipple, light headed/dizziness. 

I'm trying to hold out until 10dpo to test. But was wondering if any of you felt the same or have similar experiences?  

Emily x

Replies

• Hey hun, I really hope for you this is your month. However, all the symptoms you have are from progesterone. If you don’t usually ovulate you may not have had them (they are mean- they replicate early pregnancies symptoms and when ttc you seem to be more aware). A fertilised egg doesn’t implant until at least 6dpo (8/9 are the most common for this too happen) so try to ignore any symptoms you may have as it’s probably a bit early to be pregnancy related. I know this is hard. Do you bbt at all?? 🤞🏻 This is your month xxx
  • Hello, the boobs have only in the past 24hrs really started aching, I have never had this  symptom with pms etc. 
    Is it not too early for progesterone? AF isn't due until 21/12.xx
  • No, your corpus luteum releases progesterone following ovulation. That’s why I ask if you bbt. As the thermal shift is due to progesterone release which confirms ovulation. 
  • I don't bbt, however reading the above it seems that regardless of pregnancy your body gives you the same symptoms. 

I didn't get the tender boobs ubtil Late evening 6dpo and they are at their worse now (8dpo), bloating I can put down to ovulation but I have never experienced breast aches. Although I have PCOS I've had consistently irregular periods, so not non-existent, just very irregular. Cramping yes, actually very bad cramping before period, but never boobs and never 9-10 days before AF is due. This is what's throwing me off. 

It's so hard. X
  • It’s very hard, but @MrsH02 is right. There was one month I had ALL the symptoms and was completely convinced I was pregnant, then I was absolutely crushed when AF came because I was so convinced. Of course, people do get early symptoms only after implantation, but I told myself my third month TTC that I was going to ignore any and all symptoms and it helped me stay so calm. I went crazy the month prior googling everything and thinking everything was a symptom and that made it so much harder. I actually had zero symptoms the month I got my BFP