Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New to all this 🤔

Hi Everyone, I'm new to all this and was just looking for some advice. This is my first time trying ! (My god its stressful haha) Bit of background I've been on the pill for about 9 years and came off it early october so not long ago. I am using the clearblue ovulation advanced and this month it has worked properly and given me a peak fertility smiley face because last month I just got high flashy faces. I appear to have ovulated late though with my 2 peak days being the 7th and 8th of dec I thought I was due on today (Saturday 14th) but seems too quick after ovulation 😕 when can I take a first response test would you say ? (Sorry for all the info) 

Replies

• Hi, if u had first peak at 7th u most likely ovulated on the 8th. Blastocyst needs 6-12 days to implant, so I would wait at least until 12dpo to test, preferably 14dpo if u can hold on. You are just 6dpo Now so it's very early. As for when would u be due for af I would assume average 14 days luteal phase, so ur af would be at 15dpo. Fx for bfp and gl
  • Thanks for your help it's all so new and confusing to me. Just learning the ropes. I read all these forums and get excited that it could be my month. Nice christmas present. Think my body is still adjusting to not been on the pill 🙈
  • Remember that after the pill u may have withdrawal symptoms which are identical with pregnancy. I strongly suggest u don't rely  on them and stay cautious. I keep my fx for u.
  • I know so many signs to look out for but I've had a few twinges and things the past few days but could be anything. Thanks MadDoda for your help. I'll stay cautious. I'm only 26 and only been trying since early october so just need to de stress and let it just happen when it happens 
  • I hope u will be lucky xx