Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Low ovarian reserve?

Question. I had a vaginal ultrasound done and the APN told me that I had low ovarian reserve at the time of the visit. Is that based on the number of follicles she saw? Or the quality of of them? I have 10 that we’re counted for which says is normal from what I looked up. So confused 

Replies

• Options
    Yes 10 sounds normal and a good count. What cycle day did you get it done and how old are you if you don't mind me asking. At my transvaginal scan at CD4 I only had 5 follicles and the nurse told me I should have a t least 8 at my age, I'm 37. She also told me that she may have this wrong and sometimes they cant see all follicles on the scan. She advised the only way to know for sure is to get an AMH blood level. Unfortunately she was right and my AMH came back at only 6.3. which indicated low ovarian reserve. I would advise getting an AMH level done for peace of mind but 10 sounds good. 
  • Options
    I am 34 and I not sure where I am in my cycle because of a recent miscarriage.  I miscarried on the 11 of December. She wants me to come back on cycle day 3. I do plan to get AMH done also
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your MC. 10 does sound like a good number and I'm sure your AMH will be good. Sending baby dust. 
  • Options
    Thank you @sas1101 same to you xo