Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Suggestions? 😣

FieldyxxFieldyxx Regular
edited Jan 11, 2020 2:58PM in Trying to conceive

Hi all! 
These opks are between CD13 to cd20 (today) 
Ttc month 7
I have a 30 day cycle and nornamlly get positive opks between Cd14-cd17 i normally get a quick surge and easy to spot it in the run up! I also get lots of cm in the days leading to positive opk. I had this on cd16 and more in cd18. 

Yesterday premom scored opk at 0.27 and then 0.33 (highest they've been so far this cycle) by last night, so with that I thought right this is it and then today back down to 0.11 😒

Has anyone else experience this and is it looking likely an anovulatory cycle?

Thanks in advance! Xx

Replies

• U simply didn't ovulate yet, lh fluctuates. Anovulatory cycle happens, when u get lh peak, but don't release an egg. To know that u need bbt or ultrasound or progesterone test, either way it doesn't look like u peaked, even with a quick one u should have darker lines. Keep going, it's unfortunate, but sooner or later ur normal ends due to stress. I keep my fx for u,  hopefully it will not be much longer.
  • MadDoda said:
    U simply didn't ovulate yet, lh fluctuates. Anovulatory cycle happens, when u get lh peak, but don't release an egg. To know that u need bbt or ultrasound or progesterone test, either way it doesn't look like u peaked, even with a quick one u should have darker lines. Keep going, it's unfortunate, but sooner or later ur normal ends due to stress. I keep my fx for u,  hopefully it will not be much longer.
    @MadDoda thank you for getting back to me. I hope you are well x
     I've had terrible stress over Xmas and end of December but everything is look up now so not surprised it's taken it out of me and I guess this reflects that 😔

I think I will give up on the opks this month, continue to regular bd and look forward to a fresh cycle!
    Do you know when I would expect af with a 15 day lp? 
    Thanks again x

• I think it would be a waste to give up opkt this stage. I give u 3-4 days and u will peak, then add 15days lp to ov day and u will know when to expect af. I would say 3 weeks Max.
  • Ah OK I will do as you've said and see what happens then. Atleast I'll know when to expect af that way.
    Thanks for your help 
  • Hi @MadDoda CD24 now and no lh surge ill attach photos of opks. Is it worth stopping opks now as doesn't look very hopeful 😣 

• I wouldn't stop, it maybe very long cycle, if u stop u will not know when to expect af
  • Will I still get a lh surge at this stage? 
  • Yeah, you should but it's hard to say when. It's unlikely u will get af before that. I know it's hard but don't give up
  • I've started tracking bbt (only got 2 days so far)
    It was 36.09 yesterday and 36.06  c this morning and read that that's a typical after-ovulation temp and is normally lower before this. Is this reliable?
    Sorry for all the questions its just a bit draining this month x
  • Fieldyxx said:
    I've started tracking bbt (only got 2 days so far)
    It was 36.09 yesterday and 36.06  c this morning and read that that's a typical after-ovulation temp and is normally lower before this. Is this reliable?
    Hey lovely - everyone’s temp is different but my lowest ever are that and post-O they go way above 36.4

Im sorry but I don’t think you have ovulated yet. With these low temps though hopefully it’s just around the corner 🤞🏻❤️
  • Fieldyxx said:
    I've started tracking bbt (only got 2 days so far)
    Hey lovely - everyone’s temp is different but my lowest ever are that and post-O they go way above 36.4

Im sorry but I don’t think you have ovulated yet. With these low temps though hopefully it’s just around the corner 🤞🏻❤️
    OK thank you hun, I will keep tracking bbt and hopefully after a while gives me some insight lol 😣❤️ xx
  • @MadDoda still not peak opk af is due tomorrow 😣
    Can you simply not get a surge one month? 
  • You will not have af. It's a very long cycle. Keep going!
  • Your cycle depends on it. U need surge to ovulate, u need to ovulate to get progesterone surge. Without high progesterone u don't get tissue swelling. No tissue swelling no blood or just spotting. It's a chain resction.
  • Proper long cycle indeed 😐
    I see... Well ill do one a day again until picks up again it keeps picking up to quite dark but just lighter than other line, stay high and for 2 days and drops again 😣 x