Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone feeling?

Replies

• Yeah it sounds very confusing @Nat-ttc2 , I wouldn't have a clue where you are lol some women have been known to have normal periods thought their cycle and not even know they were pregnant. My old neighbour went to A&E with pain and they said well you are 5 mo months pregnant and sent her to maternity ward for scans ...turns out she was 8 and a half months pregnant!! Luckily her DD was 2 weeks overdue so she had a month to prepare lol crazy xx
  • SunshineB said:
    Yeah it sounds very confusing @Nat-ttc2 , I wouldn't have a clue where you are lol some women have been known to have normal periods thought their cycle and not even know they were pregnant. My old neighbour went to A&E with pain and they said well you are 5 mo months pregnant and sent her to maternity ward for scans ...turns out she was 8 and a half months pregnant!! Luckily her DD was 2 weeks overdue so she had a month to prepare lol crazy xx
    OmG that’s crazy!! I hope I don’t get periods throughout! It would scare me every month when I was bleeding!! 😬
  • I know tell me about it lol stuff from magazines! She's now a lovely young 13 years old. I've seen her grow up from being 7.
    Hopefully you don't and it was just a fluke thing. Have you spoken to midwives yet? They are really helpful. I've been talking to one this morning xx
  • @SunshineB Thank You just gets you down doesn't it :( I'll get there in the end I think it's worse that my family don't support me wanting another so I can't even talk to my mum about it all when I do.. she just says aww well you've got Ella doesn't matter if you can't have anymore :( xx
  • @Nat-ttc2 just started them today! hoping this cycle is my cycle! x
  • @Nat-ttc2 just started them today! hoping this cycle is my cycle! x
    I’ve got everything crossed for you hunni xxx
  • SunshineB said:
    I know tell me about it lol stuff from magazines! She's now a lovely young 13 years old. I've seen her grow up from being 7.
    Hopefully you don't and it was just a fluke thing. Have you spoken to midwives yet? They are really helpful. I've been talking to one this morning xx
    No doctors won’t put me in touch with anyone until I’m supposedly 8 weeks... but I need to see them next week anyway as with my last pregnancy I had a cervical stitch as had loop treatment on my cervix previously and it was short so I didn’t want to wait too long in case I needed a stitch again. That’s my excuse to get in at docs xx
  • Yeah it certainly does hun @Katie2202xx ,especially when you don't feel like you have a support network but we are here for you anytime 😊 x
  • Ahh @Nat-ttc2 is that due to Cervical abnormalities? I've heard of having to have a cervical stitch due to that as it's crossed my mind before. I had cervical abnormalities in 2016 and had to have a couple of punch biopsies, didn't have any further treatment, but that makes me worry. Especially with having an early loss last year xx
  • SunshineB said:
    Ahh @Nat-ttc2 is that due to Cervical abnormalities? I've heard of having to have a cervical stitch due to that as it's crossed my mind before. I had cervical abnormalities in 2016 and had to have a couple of punch biopsies, didn't have any further treatment, but that makes me worry. Especially with having an early loss last year xx
    Yes I had cin3 Pre cancerous cells and had to have them removed so it shortened my cervix. Had to have weekly scans from 16 weeks to check cervical length which was a pain then my body rejected the stitch at 28 weeks so I had to have it out and then they said baby could come at any point... she held out and was only 10 days early bless her lol. 

The only upside of having weekly scans was I had cervical scan and normal baby scan every week and they gave me a pic every week so I had weekly ones in an album and never had to pay for any lol xx
  • Oh gosh I'm glad everything went ok @nat-ttc2 . Mine were high grade cin1/ occasionally cin2, but didn't need treatment other than they took the biopsies. Would that affect it do you think? I went back after 6 months for a second colposcopy and some cells were still there but they were less and then a smear 6 months later showed everything was back to normal. Xx
  • SunshineB said:
    Oh gosh I'm glad everything went ok @nat-ttc2 . Mine were high grade cin1/ occasionally cin2, but didn't need treatment other than they took the biopsies. Would that affect it do you think? I went back after 6 months for a second colposcopy and some cells were still there but they were less and then a smear 6 months later showed everything was back to normal. Xx
    I’m sure you will be fine if they only took biopsies. If it’s bothering you though you could always mention it and they might scan length of your cervix to put your mind at rest.  My treatment was just before I got pregnant so less than a year before giving birth. Your biopsies were a good 4 years ago and the cervix grows back so I’m sure your ok now. Just like I think mine will be too but I want to double check x
  • Ahh ok thank you for sharing all that. 
    Hopefully all will be good this time too for you with it being longer ago :) xx
  • @Nat-ttc2 my friend was having periods and she didn’t know she was pregnant until 12 weeks because of it! Also, I had the same issue with my cervix and pre-cancerous cells, so they had to check my length at my 8 week scan but they said everything was all good, so I never had to have it checked again since. It was after I had my son so it does worry me what you say about them coming early! My son was 3 weeks early just because and now I’m worried about my daughter coming early 
  • @Nat-ttc2 my friend was having periods and she didn’t know she was pregnant until 12 weeks because of it! Also, I had the same issue with my cervix and pre-cancerous cells, so they had to check my length at my 8 week scan but they said everything was all good, so I never had to have it checked again since. It was after I had my son so it does worry me what you say about them coming early! My son was 3 weeks early just because and now I’m worried about my daughter coming early 
    Yeah I know how you feel... I’m worried about this one coming early too as I go on holiday abroad when I’ll be about 24 weeks so it petrifies me just in case something happens x
  • @SunshineB you done a digi yet? 😁 x
  • @Katie2202xx I was brave and did it yesterday 🥰 xx

• @SunshineB aww yay congratulations hun 😊 x
  • SunshineB said:
    @Katie2202xx I was brave and did it yesterday 🥰 xx

Yay congratulations hun. Great news!! That’s what mine said too so I bet we are roughly around same! 😁 I have a docs appt today at 2.30 to discuss dates etc and the weird bleed I had on 3 Feb that was like a period so fingers crossed I get some info as I don’t know when to date this pregnancy from. Xx 
  • @Nat-ttc2 I hope everything works out perfect for u! 
This discussion has been closed.