Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone feeling?

Replies

• U need a simple oral thermometer with two decimal places and a fertility friend app. 

I use just bbt and I got pregnant 6 times so far with it. For first timers it works best with opk.
  • MadDoda said:
    U need a simple oral thermometer with two decimal places and a fertility friend app. 

I use just bbt and I got pregnant 6 times so far with it. For first timers it works best with opk.
    Ooooooh I have an oral thermometer. When’s best to start? Obviously I thought I was due af on sat but there’s a chance and someone else said o may have ov late so due tomorrow 
  • Sooner u start the more data u have. But u need to follow the measurement rules. It's the most important part of bbt. 

When ur af is due depending on person temperature drops sometimes couple days before af sometimes during af. So if ur lucky u can tell ahead of time. And since this is the same each cycle, if ur temp drops two days before af, if it will not drop that means u might be pregnant, but u gotta have couple cycles charted for that. 
  • SunshineBSunshineB Regular
    edited Jan 26, 2020 7:01PM
    @Katie2202xx you do it orally and then reading is displayed on the thermometer and then you input the reading into Fertility Friend. You do it the same time each day before you even get out of bed after waking up. I set mt alarm for 6.25am everyday and then on the weekends I just go back to sleep after  . You need a thermometer that has .2 decimal places. X
  • so I've googled everywhere for a thermometer and no where does them only ebay or Amazon so looks like I'll have to wait :( x
  • so I've googled everywhere for a thermometer and no where does them only ebay or Amazon so looks like I'll have to wait :( x
    I’m sure boots and Asda pharmacy etc do them... and in baby section of places like mothercare etc 
  • SunshineB said:
    @Katie2202xx you do it orally and then reading is displayed on the thermometer and then you input the reading into Fertility Friend. You do it the same time each day before you even get out of bed after waking up. I set mt alarm for 6.25am everyday and then on the weekends I just go back to sleep after  . You need a thermometer that has .2 decimal places. X
    Does it have to be of a morning before you get up? So am I best to get started ASAP and start tomorrow morning? 
  • U need minimum 3h uninterrupted sleep and it has to be first thing u do after opening eyes without getting up and minimum movement. So u need ur thermometer in hand reach. Also always at the same time, some pop set up alarm at 5-6 and go back to sleep. The sooner u start the better. 
  • I've ordered one should be here by Tuesday :) had my period for 2 days it's nearly gone now so hopefully i won't be starting too late into my cycle x
  • MadDoda said:
    U need minimum 3h uninterrupted sleep and it has to be first thing u do after opening eyes without getting up and minimum movement. So u need ur thermometer in hand reach. Also always at the same time, some pop set up alarm at 5-6 and go back to sleep. The sooner u start the better. 
    Going to start tomorrow morning as I already have a thermometer 
  • You should be ok @Katie2202xx as you won't ovulate just yet. Hopefully you will both see the red cross in your next cycle confirming ovulation 😁 x
  • SunshineB said:
    You should be ok @Katie2202xx as you won't ovulate just yet. Hopefully you will both see the red cross in your next cycle confirming ovulation 😁 x
    Can I use Premom to track as I use that for my periods anyway? Or is there a better app? 
  • Fertility friend is a lot better. Lots of girls use premom for opk and ff for bbt. It's representing realistic graph, other apps tends to smooth the lines making it harder to read.
  • i haven't started taking temp yet... figured I might try and wait until AF shows so im starting on a proper full cycle if that makes sense.....

AF was due either yesterday or today and is still a no show! BFN still this morning although that was with a random test which I think was 25miu so may not be very sensitive.! horrendously sore nipples and on and off dull cramps still.... off to buy an FRER to test in the morning. I wish Af would just hurry up so I know where I stand and can restart my cycle again.... I feel like my life is on hold whilst I wait to come on haha! 
  • It's possible for lp to vary by a day or occasionally by 2, sorry it's keeping u waiting. Hope u get answers soon
  • MadDoda said:
    It's possible for lp to vary by a day or occasionally by 2, sorry it's keeping u waiting. Hope u get answers soon
    I have a feeling af is about to arrive... I have full on af cramps i. The last hour so expecting her any time now... watch this space!! 😩
  • @Nat-ttc2 well it's all about correct pinpoint of ovulation and as u are u can predict af no matter the cycle length. I'm so sorry it's on it's way, but new cycle means new chance! Fx for a bfp!
  • MadDoda said:
    @Nat-ttc2 well it's all about correct pinpoint of ovulation and as u are u can predict af no matter the cycle length. I'm so sorry it's on it's way, but new cycle means new chance! Fx for a bfp!
    Very true! She hasn’t arrived yet but I’m expecting to wake up tomorrow am with full blown period! Haha. Fingers crossed she doesn’t arrive. I’ve never ever had sore boobs or tender nipples before af so this is a first for me! Lol. Did have both early pregnancy with my DD though xx 
  • So still no af but I have no hpts 😂 off to buy a frer after work so will test tomorrow am 
  • ooo looking good hun! you could always do a 4 hour hold ment to be the same as FMU.. my thermometer hasn't turned up today 😭 hopefully tomorrow! x
This discussion has been closed.