Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnacare has stopped monthly cycle

2»

Replies

• Options
    You can get solid acid on it own in any bigger shop. That's what I have, coz I have different doses some of them high of other vitamins. I think pregnacare is waste of money. U can get cheaper selection of exact same vitamins,  just read labels. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda I agree, you can get all you need from other brands. Have you got any knowledge of folic acid making cycles linger, not just by few days but by significant amounts of time? 
  • Options
    @cheesecoleslaw86 folic acid, I always took solo not in multivitamin, never ever disturbed my cycle. 
  • Options
    MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Jan 27, 2020 8:30PM
    Beside folic acid is crucial, it should be taken 6 months before conception by woman and man. It's most important in first weeks of pregnancy as it's used in development of neural tube of the embryo. I would never give it up.
  • Options
    @MadDoda thank you. I am not going to give it up as I realise it would be very stupid of me to compromise potential baby's health to try and spped up cycle. I am taking it on its own as well and will continue to do so 😊
  • Options
    @cheesecoleslaw86 it's probably smth else, ttc stress? Thyroid? Weren't u on bc recently? 
  • Options
    edited Jan 27, 2020 8:55PM
    @MadDoda yeah must be. I came off bc at start of Nov and it took 39 days for first period. I'm now CD43 waiting for a second one and just fed up really. I was on pill for only 4 months so did not think it would still be so messed up 3 months on. Thyroid levels are normal as per last blood test. So must be bc and/or stress at lack of period when ttc 😩
  • Options
    @cheesecoleslaw86 definitely bc, doesn't matter how long, ur cycle was suppressed and cycle stopped so it was affected. 
  • Options
    @MadDoda thanks I'm just going to chart bbt adn try and settle myself until next one arrives. I hope you are doing okay 😊