Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coming off contraceptive pill and ttc baby #1!

Replies

• Yeah lol you're right there....weird when you think about it like that.

It's ok 😊 it's nice to have someone in the same boat as me. I hope it comes for you, I think I'm in for a few more weeks before she arrives.
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 how you doing today hun? 

I've been quite crampy yesterday and today, then today I've had a bit of brown spotting. Also my temp did a big jump today! So if it does another few increases this could be ovulation for me 🤞 then AF will be around 2 weeks.
  • Hello @SunshineB I am doing okay thank you, how are you? That's great news re: ovulation. Hopefully that will be you back on track ☺️ did you try this month or you going to wait til nxt to start? 

Im having a fair bit of cramping but af not here yet. My temp shot back up today so that's great lol But I have been unwell this week so I'm sure it can't be entirely accurate.

I plan to drink some prosecco tonight and chill with hubby and my wee cat. Hope you have nice relaxing plans 😊
  • I hope so @cheesecoleslaw86 ! I've noticed the spotting has gone a very light pinky colour now! I've never had this before so it's completely new to me.
    No we have been safe this month as I wanted to wait till AF came back. In a way I don't want to become pregnant until after end of March, just so I can get past the point of probation but If AF arrives before then, then we will just go with the flow.

How is your chart looking? I'm not great at reading them yet but it's interesting to see them lol.

Oohh sounds lovely. We've been out to Pizza Hut tonight with my OHs brother, sil and nephew so that was nice. Just chilling with a brew, some M&Ms and the dog. X

• @SunshineB I have only started my chart yesterday so not a lot to show. Yesterday's temp was 35.99 and today's was 37.12 😂😂😂 so yeah all in order....!!! When I have data inputted for a few more days I'll share it and there might be some sort of pattern. 

That spike in temp on your chart looks like it could be ov which is great. Not sure about pinkish tinge to spotting.... Usually that's more an af thing 🤔 our bodies are wonderful and mysterious things lol hopefully just ov. 

Your evening sounds perfect 😊 we are currently looking for a movie to watch. Usually by the time we find we we are ready for bed lol

Tell me are you taking folic acid or other supplements? I have read that they can mess with cycles which is the great news I have been looking for lol 
  • Wow that's a big increase too! 

Apparently you can get ovulation spotting and it can be light pink, red or even brown! So I didn't know that, never had it before. We will see what happens with my temp over the next few days.

Lol we are going to try watch a film too! We watched one last night but I just kept nodding off 🙈

I just take Folic acid but  a higher prescription dose due to auto immune condition. I started taking it 3 months before we starring TTCing last January, as per my consultant, and I've been taking it ever since. Will stop when I hopefully have a pregnancy to get to 12 weeks.
    I also have chewable vit d and vit c tablets that I take as part of my Coeliac disease diagnosis a few years back.
    I did ask a pharmacist about conception vitamins but they advised against it for now l, last year, with stuff that I am taking as it could end up being too much.
  • @SunshineB that's great you have the advice of a consultant and that you've been taking the right meds for so long. Coeliac and autoimmune disease is not easy, God love you. As if ttc isn't hard enough. 

I'm only taking folic acid and vit d but have read so much about it messing things up. But that could also just be the pill. But I kinda feel the benefits of these tabs outweigh the weird cycles.....i say this now as I'm chilled with a glass of prosecco lol

I feel af will come tomo 🤞🤞🤞 if it continues to be so messed up I'll ask gp to have bloods done I think. I had then done recently for my thyroid as it's underactive and it came back at a good level. However she wants me back for more tests as my iron levels are too high.... The joys.

Our movie is a bit weird and I'm not sure I like it. Hope yours is a bit better lol 
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 I'm doing ok now I've been gluten free for 2 years :) feel a pot healthier in myself. The vit d and vit c tablets are to help low bone density, which I'll stop next year hopefully after another scan. But they are the right vitamins to take with ttc too so that's handy lol.

Tbh I would never think that those could delay AF, might just be a coincidence? They are definitely something you should take with ttc, especially folic acid. Have a look into maca root as I have heard that is good for regulating your hormones and cycles.

We can't find a film so found a documentary on sharks lol
  • @SunshineB that made me lol I love a good shark documentary. They fascinate me. Our movie is called :the perfection'.... It's getting a bit better now but the jury is still out...! Again the improvement in the movie could be due to the prosecco lol 

That's great that your lifestyle is so healthy and you are feeling great for it. We got married in Oct and I was flat out at gym and healthy eating before it. I went off rails a bit diet wise after it but I'm definitely getting back on track. It is so important for physical and mental health! 
  • Good luck ladies! FF is the app I used and found it amazing! In order for it to detect ovulation correctly, you need to make sure you take temps from the start of your cycle, same time every day and before even getting out of bed etc. I'm not on here much due to having a toddler taking up most my time! But I do pop back and for as I like to catch up and hopefully see your BFPs! Good luck ladies :smile:
  • Lol @cheesecoleslaw86 dod the prosecco give the film a good ending?!

Aww congratulations on the wedding. I can't wait to get married. We have been engaged for 3 years this September but my OH doesn't want to set a date yet as he has a wound and has had 4 operations on it, last year. Due to have one more this year and hopefully that will be the end of it and we can look forward and set a date then.

@SecondDueFebruary2020 yes that's what I have been using and it's just confusing so far lol but only my first month so I'll get used to it. Or maybe not hopefully 🤞
  • @SunshineB yes fingers crossed you don't have to get used to it!! But if AF does show, as long as you start temping and regularly at the start of your cycle, you will determine OV pretty quick :) people used to moan that they couldn't get temps on a weekend as they didn't want to set an alarm but it takes a few seconds to record it and go back to sleep :) but fingers crossed AF doesn't show!! Keep me updated :) 
  • Yeah like you say @SecondDueFebruary2020 it take all of 1 min to take your temp so I do it at the same time. I was very annoyed at myself yesterday as I must have been half asleep an knocked my Fitbit alarm off and didn't temp 😣 took it an hour later and it shot up , so we will have to see what happens tomorrow temp wise as it dropped a bit today. 

As this is my first cycle after stopping , we haven't been actively trying. I wanted AF to come back first so I know where I am. I stopped BC last year in April and it took 6 weeks to come back. We then conceived in August but turned into a chemical. Then for work reasons I went back on BC, stupidly, for 3 months. So I stopped again at end of December. 

• @SecondDueFebruary2020 thanks so much for that. I will be setting alarm for same time every day and charting temps. I have downloaded FF app so 🤞🤞🤞.

@SunshineB thank you. It was a really fab day and then we went to California for 3 weeks for honeymoon. Pure bliss. It's such an exciting time you have ahead of you 😊 Totally understandable why OH wants to wait until all surgeries are over.... Wedding planning is a stressful enough business without added pressures on top. I Hope for you guys that after his next one that will be him on the other side of it all.

And no all the prosecco in the world could not have saved that movie or its v bizarre ending lol I hope the shark documentary was good 🦈

I'm babysitting my nephew today but he's sleeping so I'm raging lol I want him to get up so I can hang out with him haha. Hope you're both having a lovely Sunday 😊
  • Ohhh wow 3 weeks!! Bet that was bliss @cheesecoleslaw86 !

Yeah we've had a few chats and we set like a date we are working towards lol which is in 2023, but might be sooner. Just have to see how things go and what may happen in between hopefully. 

Well we gave up on the shark documentary as the smart app on the tv wasn't being very smart lol 😂 wasn't loading properly. 

Awww haha I'm just having a relaxing day and currently doing my nails. X
  • @SunshineB 2023 will come around sooner than you think. And hopefully you'll have a little page boy or flower girl in attendance ❤️

We are trying another Netflix movie tonight.....! I'm sure it'll be great.... Lol!

Still no af. But I'll keep temping next week and try and relax about it. Looked up maca root and sadly it says if you have thyroid issues not to use it 😭

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday evening and the week week ahead is nice and stress free 😊
  • Hi! My husband and I had a chemical pregnancy over Christmas which was horrible. We weren't trying for a baby so it was a huge sock, we were then devastated when it ended so suddenly. We then made the decision to officially start trying for a baby! 

We are very new to this and our first month hasn't been successful. I got my hopes up far too soon as I am currently three days late for AF. Took a test and had a big fat negative which was really disappointing. I thought the missed period meant it was a sure thing! I have also felt so tired recently and my boobs are so sore! I started spotting very lightly today so if this progresses in to a period I guess I'm well and truly out of the game for this month. 

I am so glad I'm not alone in this. Longing for the day I see two dark lines and get my BFP!
  • @Wanderer615 hello there. I am very sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy 😢 3 days can still be too early to test so you never know. I came off my pill in november and so my cycles are still all over the place. Its been 41 days since my last period and I have never wanted it to arrive so much in my life lol Were you on birth Control? 

The ttc journey is tough one but it's def a lot easier with the support of others. I hope af stays away and you get your bfp. If not then maybe next month will be 😊 do you use ovulation sticks? 
  • SunshineBSunshineB Regular
    edited Jan 26, 2020 10:20PM
    That would be amazing @cheesecoleslaw86 and one of the best reasons to delay a wedding for a while.

Awww man how annoying 😣 maybe give it another week and if AF doesn't show book in with the dr and see if they can help at all?

Just about to head to head now after watching SAS who dares wins lol looking forward to a quick and busy week as I have a Hot Lava tiger shell massage on Saturday and then out for a meal on the sunday for my dads birthday! No idea what the massage will be like but it sounds interesting Haha. Hope you have a nice evening with your Netflix film lol x

• @Wanderer615 I'm so sorry to hear about your chemical. We had one too in August last year. Then had to put ttc on hold for work reasons. 
    It's awful when you go through it but try to look at the positive side of it, that it shows that you can conceive! It just means that that egg as and sperm weren't viable together....just needs the right ones to meet to get our BFPs 🥰
    The best advice I can give you is to track BBT and use OPKs. The first cycle last year when I used OPKs was the cycle we conceived. We had been trying for 4 cycles before that. They help you pin point that fertile window to give you the best chance x
This discussion has been closed.