Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Coming off contraceptive pill and ttc baby #1!

Replies

• That's why u gotta keep doing strips, to be sure, x
  • 87 is quite high
    even if I BD tonight/tomorrow it will be ok. lol 
  • Yeah it will be fine @emma63 but I would keep doing the cheap ones and uploading to premom to see if you get a peak and then see them fading after.x
  • the pre mom app you have to add yourself when it's a peak. is that when it's like 100 no just 87
  • I'm not sure as I haven't used it myself yet. 
  • Premom will mark peak for y, u just gotta test few more days for it to judge it. 

Number has no meaning it's just way of grading the difference between the lines. It's very individual @Catlady220 had over 2 , most ladies get over 1. @Rachel.a21 is an expert tho. I'm more a bbt person. 
  • more over 2 what does that mean? what peak days? 

and I might have to ask @Rachel.a21 thank you xx
  • Isn't it 0.87? Either way girls are getting so strong reading on opk that is above 2. But mostly 1. I'm sure she will respond since i tagged her. 
  • that's what I meant 0.87
  • so I'm currently having sharp and painful pains on my left side. and atm it's really painful. I'm assuming its OV but feel like it's too high up. 
  • @Emma63 from what you have shown from your ovulation sticks it would appear ovulation could be any day now. I have everything crossed for you 😊🤞 just bd lots and hopefully you'll catch an egg. You do need bbt to confirm you have actually ovulate as those sticks can pin point surge but doesn't mean you released an egg sadly. But hopefully you have and this is your month. Good luck xx
  • I hope so, i really do x
  • so I have an Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) and got told that your thyroid levels need to be even lower than the normal when you are TTC. called the doctors today and they rekon I dont need my levels to be any lower and I'm fine to start TTC. I believe them but dont at the same time as my doctors are crap. I'm really worried my thyroid is going to affect my fertility, I am on tablets to help. cant help thinking I'm never going to have a baby, and cant help thinking this month is not going to be my month, I know it doesn't happen straight away and it can take time but I always think something is up. the doctors also told me I dont need to come in and have any health checks etc until I've been trying for a year. I'm worried that I'm not tracking my OV properly and that I missed it this month :( but all the signs said I didnt. I just dont know sorry girls xxx 

also did a opk test last night and it was faint and did one when I got home tonight it was extremely faint. worried I only OV for a few hours and did get pains Sunday night in my left OVary. 
  • MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Feb 3, 2020 6:53PM
    Do you know the numbers of ur results? As long as ur thyroid is within regular norm it's fine for ttc, but it will have to be dropped for pregnancy norm as soon as u get pregnant. Hardly any doctor is willing to d9 it before pregnancy. 
  • yes I have a steady thryoid level of 2.45 it was originally 8.33 or something they said it was quite dangerous. xx
  • I would definitely reccomend BBT @emma63 as that will confirm ovulation and then hopefully you will see a pattern of when you ovulate, if you are missing your peaks on the OPKs. Don't give up hope yet :) x
  • 2.45 is very good, norm Is up to 4.5 and 2.5 in pregnancy. 8.33 isn't too bad, but in pregnancy it would be dangerous idd.
  • I really do want to do BBT, but I'm worried I'm going to become obsessed and my husband doesn't really like the idea of me tracking my OV he thinks it will just happen naturally without me having to check. 

its just the whole having to sit in bed and do test it. 

I'm trying not to x
  • yeah I'm on tablets now to control it went from 2.45 to 8.33 in just over a month and was getting higher and I was getting more symptoms and worse xx

that's good then cc
  • Honestly it only takes 30 seconds to do, it just helps confirm ovulation. It won't help you plan to BD as it only confirms ovulation after the fact. 
    Hopefully it will just happen for you 🤞x
This discussion has been closed.