Forum homeβ€Ί Getting pregnantβ€Ί Trying to conceive

Coming off contraceptive pill and ttc baby #1!

Replies

• Really? I've never been to one before but I know people who have and they have been accurate. I'd prob be nervous too, even though I don't really believe in psychics πŸ˜‚
  • yeah everyone I know who has been said they have been pretty accurate too. I would be nervous too yeah I dont think I 100% believe in psychics.Β 

had slight pains in my right side today. but not OV as opk strips have no line at all xx
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 I could defo go for a 4 day week haha if only. What do you do for work?
    I hate when people do that! Puts you on the spot doesn't it.

@emma63 it's such a weird feeling, being so happy for someone but so peed off at the same time πŸ˜‚

• so I'm off mon, tues, and weds next week and just counted and one of the pregnancy tests can test up to 6 days early and next wednesday will be the first day I can test. hubby hasn't got the day off. shame x
  • @SunshineB I am a social worker for people with palliative care needs. I used to be in family and child care (ie the stereotypical type of social worker that people all hate lol) but I definitely do not miss that at all, esp when trying to conceive. I enjoy my job it but it can be tough. What do you do?

@emma63 are you going to do a test early or wait? I'm fearful of imagining lines if I test too early. The tww is torturous 😭

• SunshineBSunshineB Regular
    edited Feb 4, 2020 9:31PM
    Aww @cheesecoleslaw86 I bet that is very rewarding though.Β 
    I don't do anything interesting lol Sales Coordinator but it's more of a customer service type role,Β  office work. Out of college I was an Auxiliary Vet Nurse but the money was terrible and the shifts made me ill so I just wanted a normal 9-5 type job. Done this sort of work for 12 years now x
  • I want to test at 6 days early but husband wants me to test when he is home to he can be with me which is fair enough and it's a big thing for both of us.Β 

so i wouldn't want to test but i would as I'm impatient but i also dont as i dont want to be disappointed incase i cant see a line which I know could be because it's too early xx
  • It's a difficult one @Emma63 isn't it 😫 I've said for my next time I won't test unless I'm late but then I know I won't be able to wait. And if I did wait, I would have known that I had a chemical pregnancy last year.
    Xx
  • oh no :( it's hard lol x
  • @SunshineB I would say sales/customer service can be a tough job but really interesting with all the different people you get to meet (although people can make or break your day). 9-5 , 5 days a week is grim but I think shift work would make me ill too. I need a set routine, I'm a creature of habit lol

@Emma63 it is so hard not to test early 😭 I really hope so much for you this is your month. And @SunshineB in some ways testing early was a good thing for you even though it was so heartbreaking. Years ago there must have been so many chemical pregnancies but people weren't aware as tests weren't as sensitive etc it seems that MCs are v common from reading through this forum and that is quite a terrifying and devastating thought! X
  • Luckily I never met them Haha all over the phone @cheesecoleslaw86 , I did meet customers in my old job for meetings and such. I have really good relationships with some so was very said to not speak to them again.

Yeah you are right. CP's account for a big percentage of MC's but people just aren't aware of them unless they test.Β 
    Happy hump day ladies:) half way there x
  • @SunshineB I am sure that was difficult, leaving a job you enjoyed and the uncertainty of that. Here's to 2020 being your year! Where abouts are you from if you don't mind me asking?

And yes happy hump day indeed. Roll on the weekend 😎
  • If the company was run probably and hadn't have gone into administration, I would have still been there.Β 
    I'm from Halifax in West Yorkshire how about you @cheesecoleslaw86 ?
    Boy an I glad hump day is over!
  • Awwww that's such a shame @SunshineB especially given how much stress it has caused you. Oh West Yorkshire, I'm sure that is beautiful. I live about 10 mins outside Belfast in Ireland where it eternally rains πŸ€πŸŒ§οΈ But it is a nice place to live 😊

Friday cannot come quick enough this week, my prosecco is chilling in the fridge. AF has left on her merry way so it's time for bd every other day, haha!Β 

• Well guys we made it. Friday is here. How are you getting on? Xx
  • Sorry @cheesecoleslaw86 totally missed your other message! Hope you've had some sun today! We had awful fog this morning but then it has been quite sunny rest of the day. Apparently we have weather warnings for wind and rain this weekend 😫

Finally made it!! I'm just about to go get a brew, some snacks and get a film on! No ovulation yet...so no AF πŸ™„

What you up to? Apparently from popping the prosecco x
  • gosh what a morning I had, car broke down and had to get it towed to a garage. now I'm shattered. I have mild stomach cramps....i dont know if they are cramps or like its uncomfortable almost like I need to fart but dont (sorry tmi) not sure if its stress or some form of implantation going on or what xx
  • Progesterone causes cramps and gas xxx
  • @emma63 😫😫how annoying! Is the car ok?

Where are you in your cycle?x
  • I havent got gas though... well I suppose I have as I've had like an odd hiccup here and there today after drinking or eating, I feel bloated.Β 

and yes....well no the car went into limp mode and then engine stopped. it's my turbo that has gone :( it's only a 4 year old car xx
This discussion has been closed.