Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Could it be early pregnancy

Hello, 
had very very faint second lines on first response pregnancy test, could see it on negative filter also very faint.
went to the doctors and had a blood test and blood test came back at 2.3 
last period 7th - 10th January conception would of happened on 19,20,22 or 24th January so I would be in the first 7 day’s since conception, I have seen this chart can anyone tell me if I am likely to be pregnant?
had spot bleeding last week and mild cramps in lower stomach and lower back pain mild.
should be on my period today and haven’t come on? 
X

Replies

• Options

• Options
    Hi, it’s probably too early to tell for sure and if the doctors done your bloods and it came back at 2.3 I’d say that currently you aren’t pregnant however, you’re not out till af shows! 🤞🏻
  • Options
    @DG1995 I haven’t had af yet, hcg being 2.3 is that higher than someone who isn’t at all kinda thing? 
    How quickly will it be doubling? C
  • Options
    Blood test is negative 0-5 and unsure at 5-25 I think, positive over that. X
  • Options
    The average non-pregnant female will have anywhere from 0-5 hcg. Doctors class pregnancy as anything over the level of 25. 
    Hcg doubles every 48-72 hours. I’d leave it till early next week then test? Unless you can’t hold out and test sooner. 
  • Options
    Still no period, not sure when to do a test ?
  • Options
    @Puggygirl how long are your cycles normally? 
  • Options
    They are 24 days normally.
    @Ellie325 x
  • Options
    @Puggygirl since ur blood test shown 2.3 it means all ur tests were Evaps or indents. There is still hope if u bded after time u thought u ovulated. Hcg doubles every 48-72h so if u had 2.3 and If it is a pregnancy starting then u need at least 4 days from blood test to get detectable hcg for frer only. Much longer for other tests. Good luck.
  • Options
    Is 2.3 a sign of very early pregnancy as j have read a normal women’s hcg sits at around 0.8
    this was Wednesday so I should maybe do a test Saturday or Sunday? 
    @MadDoda we tried on 19th 20th 22nd 24th xx
  • Options
    Puggygirl said:
    Is 2.3 a sign of very early pregnancy as j have read a normal women’s hcg sits at around 0.8
    this was Wednesday so I should maybe do a test Saturday or Sunday? 
    @MadDoda we tried on 19th 20th 22nd 24th xx
    Women can have anywhere between 0-5 hcg in their system anyway without being pregnant... as yours is at 2.3 that is probably the same as any other person who isn’t ttc or isn’t currently pregnant.... you need to leave it a good few days to let hcg double, of it does than it will show on a frer xx
  • Options
    I had the blood test one Wednesday when would be ok to do another test? 
    I haven’t come on my period ? 
  • Options
    @MadDoda still no period what is going on, would doing a frer work today or has to be 4 days, bloods was Wednesday x
  • Options
    It’s best to test with first morning urine.. so test tomorrow with frer x
  • Options
    @WelshGirrl what do you think from what you have read on here? X
  • Options
    Puggygirl said:
    @WelshGirrl what do you think from what you have read on here? X
    I’d say it’s either still a little early or it’s defo negatives, but only tests and time will tell 🙈 x
  • Options
    What advice did the doctor give you when they gave you your blood results? X
  • Options
    did you do another test?x
  • Options
    @Amnx I have done one today and it says negative but I still haven’t come in my period, the last time I could of conceived is 24th?
  • Options
    Do you have a pic?x