Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First positive ovulation test

Katieking22Katieking22 Regular
edited Feb 4, 2020 1:38PM in Trying to conceive
So got my first positive ovulation today, me and my husband and trying for baby #1!! When is our best time to have sex and be successful? I tested yesterday and that it was negative. Today is first positive. But period is suppose to be here on 10th or 11th? 

Replies

• A positive ovulation test means you should ovulate in the next 24 to 36 hours. So get BD'ing :) 
    If you track BBT that will confirm if you have ovulated or not. Fingers crossed for you :)
  • So we should have sex tonight and tomorrow? 
  • Yeah go for it :) once you get a positive that's when you are most fertile. X
  • Okay! Fingers crossed 🤞 
  • And expect ur af after 14 from ovulation. It will definitely not happen at 10-11th
  • Okay we are very hopeful this time! Any advice from anyone to increase chances?? 
  • My husband will be going out of town Monday, I know your suppose to BD for three days following a positive.. I hope us not BD’ing on the third day lower our chances!! Thoughts? 
  • You definitely will still have a good chance!
  • When can I test and get an accurate reading? 
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Feb 2, 2020 3:38AM
    I prefer to wait until AF is due, but I would say 12dpo. I just think testing early leads to confusion and is disheartening even if you are pregnant but getting negatives because it’s still too early 
  • It sure would be a great valentines day present to get a BFP :) 
  • Update: so ovulation stopped yesterday and we BD the two days I got a positive. Every since yesterday my boobs and nipples have been sensitive to touch and I have had lower stomach cramps. I know it’s way to soon for any symptoms so does this mean it’s period symptoms and we weren’t successful?  
  • It's means ur progesterone is rising after ovulation, indication of nothing.  Good luck 
  • The cycle was just weird.. I ovulated Friday and Saturday but my AF is suppose to be due on the 10th or 11th that’s why I thought it might be period symptoms. 
  • I told u above that no way u will get af 10-11 add 14 days from Saturday and that's ur estimate af date x
  • Okay so talked to my OBGYN today. I had an appointment on Friday and told her I wasn’t ovulating regularly and she ordered blood work. Well I ended up ovulating Saturday and Sunday. I talked to her today and she said my estrogen levels are very low so she is going to put me on clomid.. I told her I ovulated Saturday and Sunday and she told me to start this medicine on my next cycle.. I’m feeling like with levels being that low it makes me disappointed and thinking that it didn’t work this time.. help anyone? 
  • U say u ovulated over weekend Coz of opk, but they don't price egg release, u might have lh spike which opk detects but it doesn't mean u ovulated. If yes oestrogen levels were low it means u might not have ovulated. Only way to know that is blood test fit progesterone at 7dpo, ultrasound or to start tracking bbt. If there is an issue clomid will help