Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Small amount of milk leaking

Hi everyone,

hoping for some insight and experience.

i have been off contraception since November, TTC our first baby. I have known PCOS

had withdrawal bleed but nothing else, last couple of weeks I have felt nauseous, tired, stomach cramps. After the shower, 2 days ago, I noticed a small amount of clear fluid on the surface of nipple, I could squeeze a small amount out.....but got a negative test the next morning. Thyroid tests just within norm....

any help or advice or experience grateful received please 

Replies

• Options
    Your prolactin levels mb high
  • Options
    Can this also cause the other pregnancy symptoms? Aware these can also be in my head as we really want a baby. My cycle is impossible to track. Hoping I could have ovulated randomly 
  • Options
    Prolactin shouldn't be too high without pregnancy and should be checked out. And in pregnancy it doesn't happen until second trimester usually. I'm no expert tho.

Every cycle is possible to track. U just need to do bbt.
  • Options
    It can be normal for there to be tiny amounts of colostrum present which can come out when you press the nipple even when you are not pregnant. This is especially true if you have been pregnant before. However if you notice more of a leakage then it might be worth getting your prolactin levels checked.