Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

31 and trying for 3rd and final baby

Hi I'm 31 and have 2 other children 14 and 9 I've wanted another baby for a couple of years but now me and hubby agree the time is finally right to start I came off my pill in November took 6 weeks to get my first period and now it's been 5 weeks since that. I've done 5 texts this month all negative but all Ready I feel like I'm obsessing over it also I have that fear that it won't happen and there will be something wrong after so many years on birth controll. Does anyone have the same experience and how long did it take? Only 2 months in and already going mad lol x

Replies

• Options
    I came off birth control after 8 years and got pregnant my third month. I was tracking ovulation with OPKs and BBT
  • Options
    We are currently ttc number 3 and not having the best experience at the moment. Number 1 and 2 were conceived first month trying. We have been trying for 9 months now and haven't had a bfp yet. I am 35 btw. 
  • Options
    @Emm0588

Length of time on the pill wonth affect TTC. I had my first child at 35 and second at 37. Had been on the pill since i was 18.  Second time ttc, my first period took 7 weeks to arrive, second period came after 3 weeks (super short cycle!). . .   Then got pregnant. What I'm trying to say, is that it can take your body a little bit to regulate after coming off the pill, but it won't affect your ability to conceive.

And from speaking to my GP, being on pill long term doesn't have any negative effect when TTC.

If your period doesn't regulate itself after another few months, I'd speak to your GP, but I think it's early days yet to be getting worked up (easier said than done). Good luck X 

@FlossyLZ sorry to hear it's taking a while. Hope you get bfp soon to add to your family X 

• Options
    @JaneDC thank you. I am hoping I won't have too much longer to wait. I am feeling under pressure now as I am not getting any younger.