Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coming off pill advice!

I have been on the combined pill for coming up to nine years. I stopped taking it on the 15th January and had my withdrawal bleed from the 19th January - 24th January. Since then I have had unprotected sex every other day. I’ve been feeling sick on and off, particularly on a night. The last couple of days I’ve had lower back pain and leg cramps. I’ve also had episodes of tender breasts. Has anyone had symptoms this early or has it turned out to be PMS symptoms? Thanks 

Replies

• Options
    Also I meant to add, I don’t know when to try taking a pregnancy test as I don’t know when my period would be due. Any tips???
  • Options
    Hey. These can all be side effects of coming off the pill, as well as PMS and as well as pregnancy symptoms unfortunately lol I am in the same boat. Well, I have a complete lack of all symptoms right now Haha 5 weeks on from my withdrawal bleed and no AF yet and I haven't even ovulated so I know I'm not pg yet. As I track my BBT. 

The only way to know, if you aren't tracking BBT and using OPKs, is to try a HPT to confirm if you are pregnant or not.

I wouldn't use expensive ones though, especially if you are going to test every well until AF returns, or hopefully doesn't return.
  • Options
    Also, it's hard to determine where you are in your cycle when you haven't have your first true period so it's hard for you, and myself, to track right now and know what CD we see actually on.
  • Options
    I had all those symptoms as a result of coming off the pill, so I would try to ignore them. I would also start tracking ovulation with OPKs or BBT since your cycles will take a while to regulate
  • Options
    @SunshineB it’s so frustrating isn’t it! When I was taking the pill I would have leg cramps quite a lot but the lower back pain is a new thing which I’m not a fan of! I might leave it another week and then try HPT.
  • Options
    Yeah and when you are ttc you notice every new ache and pain don't you @Amy8970 😂
    Feel free to shoot me a message anytime if you want a chat 😊 it's nice to have someone in the same boat.
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 hope you don’t mind me asking but how long did it take for your first natural period to come back? 
  • Options
    @Amy8970 it took me about 30 days
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I’m in the same boat too!

i came off the pill 25th November 19, been on the pill for 9 years. I have known PCOS but with no birth control only used to miss 1 period every now n then (I’m heavier than then and don’t seem to loose it well) I’m currently on CD77 since my withdrawal bleed 😢

also have had every symptom and feel like I sense everything new! 

Just awaiting AF to get things going! Done a few random HPT and all BFN 

x
  • Options
    Hey guys I’m also in the same boat , I’m 18 and ttc, I just came off microlite after being on it for 3 years... I had 1 day of brown stringy discharge (SORRY TMI) and then 4 days bleeding... I heard some story’s of people getting pregnant first month off the pill , I finished pill mid pack in end of January , hoping to conceive and hoping you guys will still be here for the journey would be great😁
  • Options
    Hey @Goldensky
    That was probably your withdrawal bleed :) fingers crossed for a quick conception for you.
    I came off pill last year and it took about 6 weeks for AF to return, didn't get PG that time, but did 4 months later.

Unfortunately lost it early and then had to go back on BC due to a new job and now I'm off it again 😂 finished at the end of December and I have finally ovulated so AF is due this sunday. I only know as I am tracking BBT x

• Options
    I’m still in the same boat and starting to get very fed up! AF has not returned for me yet, my withdrawal bleed ended 24th January. I finished my pack on the 15th January. It’s so frustrating not knowing what’s going on! Xx 
  • Options
    Hey @SunshineB,
    I think your right it was a withdrawal bleed , if u was still on my BC right now would be the day I get my “fake periods” as in my birth control periods , no sign of them obviously because I came off pill this month. Hearing people getting pregnant in 1st month off pill gets me exited , I’m hoping for a BFP soon as I’m so eager to find out , I know my BFP will come in time but I so don’t want to wait 6+ months🙁 my lower stomach is so swollen and bloated and it usually never is. I came of pill early February but was taking my pill not much in January due to forgetting to take it , hopefully i get some good news xxx
  • Options
    @SunshineB so sorry for your loss , baby dust to you my lovely , I’m so exited to feel him/her growing inside me even tho I haven’t conceived yet.. it’s just a feeling I’ve always wanted to feel x
  • Options
    @Amy8970 me too! I’m just so eager to get a BFP and know for sure that I’m pregnant... don’t worry it will come in time baby dust to you x
  • Options
    You can get pregnant but u gotta track ovulation by opk or bbt coz u can't predict how ur cycle gonna be.
  • Options
    SunshineBSunshineB Regular
    edited Feb 24, 2020 1:35PM
    @Goldensky well I can confirm that getting pg when coming off the pill right away can certainly happen lol as I got my BFP this weekend and not had a period since my withdrawal bleed! I wouldn't have caught on thought if I hadn't of used OPKs though xx
  • Options
    @Goldensky AF arrived for me on Tuesday and ended yesterday. I’m going to track ovulation this cycle as it drove me mad not knowing what was happening in the time between my withdrawal and AF. Have you just come off BC? Xx 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed the OPks work well for you hun @amy8970 xx