Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint line, when did your hcG levels go up?

Hi ladies, I have irregular periods and its been hard to track ovulation, but finally this month i got my first positive with a fain line, this is the 3rd showing same result at 10, 11 and 13 DPO. Period is due in 2 days. I have zero symptoms and I am a little worried. I sleep like 10 pm - 6 am every night but I don't know if its pregnancy or just life :) 
Has anyone experienced this? Did you hcG levels go higher as time goes? When were you able to get a thick line? (I am going to take a digital test after my expected period day)

Replies

• It can vary for everyone depending if you have a slower rise or higher, also depending when you implanted. My line was very dark at 15dpo. HCG doubles every 48 hours, so I would test again in 2 days to compare 
  • Also, you won’t always get symptoms immediately, you are still very early at 13dpo, so I wouldn’t focus on symptoms. I didn’t have any until 7-8 weeks pregnant 
  • Oh thank you, this helps a lot. My concern mostly comes from my sister-in-law being 4-5 months now and her first trimester was very rough. 
  • if it makes you feel better, my first trimester, I only had bloating and hunger. No sickness or nausea with my son or my now daughter 🙂
  • I have an update ladies: i started bleeding yesterday and had some intense blood clots, went to the gynecologist today to get an ultrasound etc and from the blood test she took, I am not pregnant anymore but I also most likely have severe endometriosis. During the ultrasound there was some heavy liquid around the ovaries and my doc had me go for blood test to exclude other causes. The plan now is to have a minimal invasive surgery to remove the infected tissue, recover and try again!!! 

Best of luck to everyone here with healthy pregnancies <3 I will be back ;)
  • So sorry for your loss! It sounds like you have been through ALOT! Take time to rest, grieve and recover. I got a positive in January.. 4 tests all positive and then when I went to the doctor they were negative. I had a chemical pregnancy. I totally understand that feeling of loss and disappointment. Thankfully you are in safe hands and getting good care. You will get your healthy baby soon 🙏❤️
  • Thank you for your kind words @Tor749. I hope also go on to recovery quickly, take care of yourself and then try again <3 

• So sorry for your loss @AlexB14, take care xx 
  • And I'm back ladies 🥰 post Endo surgery (on the 3rd cycle) we conceived again!! Hoping for the best, I'm 5 weeks today and will call my doc to go in for a check up soon. I'm pretty confident with this pregnancy. We used pre-seed for the first time and it worked 

• Congratulations @AlexB14 ! Lovely news. How was your surgery? Xx
  • Amy8970 said:
    Congratulations @AlexB14 ! Lovely news. How was your surgery? Xx
    Surgery was ok, got to hospital at 10 am left at 5 pm. I had endo tissue on my bowels and ovaries and she removed it all. She also found a polyp in one of my ovaries and she removed that one as well. The recovery was a little mehhh since I was super bloated for 4-5 days and the gas in my belly was pressing on my diaphragm and I couldnt go number 2 for 3-4 days. Took lots of laxatives, charcoal pills etc and eventually i got better. Within 3-4 weeks i was back to normal and started exercising again.
    My period became super regular afterwards (which I never had) with a 28 days cycle. So I tracked ovulation with sticks and found pre-seed after lots of research on how to help with conception. 
  • Oh that’s good! I’m so pleased surgery has been successful for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx
  • Thank you Amy <3