Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hoping for a BFP in Feb - Part 2

Replies

• Options
    Post withdrawn
  • Options
    @lonestar, who flipping cares how people get pregnant. Some people need help to get pregnant, others need it during pregnancy. Stupid comments that you definitely shouldn’t listen to. Xxxx
  • Options
    @Lonestar as hard as it is to ignore them, you have to do what is best for you. And if ‘test Tube baby’ is the way forward then so be it!! Like you I personally couldn’t care less how I get my baby as long as I do. Stay positive, everything you are doing it for the welfare of yourself and OH and to get the family you want. You will do the right thing for you and that’s what matters. 
  • Options
    @Lonestar im sorry hun, don't take these things personally. You are a wonderful Women and I know you are going to be an amazing mom, no matter how you concieve, the love and the growth of the baby will be the same. 😘 Don't listen to comments like that
  • Options
    @Lonestar ur MIL should educate herself. Catholic religion is against ivf for only one reason.  Because most of time u make more than one embryo and u don't use them all, rest goes to waste. They are against that not because it's in test tube. On the other hand who cares what MIL thinks :D. And it's not said that u will need ivf.
  • Options
    Thank you @kasaelee35 and @Lonestar , I'm more then expecting AF to come as we only had unprotected BD on actual day if ovulation.  Told OH that I got a high reading on an OPK and he just jumped me lol we were meant to be waiting for AF to return and then TTC. So we'll see.

@Lonestar I'm so sorry that was said :( a baby is a baby and will still be loved no matter how it arrives 💗

• Options
    @Lonestar MIL’s eh? Do not listen to anyone - it’s your body, your choice. Some people need a helping hand to get pregnant, some people need it during pregnancy and some after. Just stay positive, focus on all the good things and blessings in your life and I’m sure more blessings will follow ❤️

Just a quick question while im on here: is it possible to miss your lh surge on an opk?
    I’m testing once a day (have been since CD4) around 2/3pm and so far all low, however I have had a littleeee bit of ewcm today and all my apps predict ov to occur tomorrow however opks are low and temps are relatively low too.

thanks in advance ❤️
  • Options
    Hi All, this is my first post as I'm new to forums. We are on our third cycle trying for baby #1.

I have a question about pregnancy tests, have anyone here used Easy@Home pregnancy test strips? They came with the same brand OPKs i bought from amazon. I Have read that the hCG tests aren't to be trusted at that there are a few ladies that have gotten false positives with them. Do any of you ladies have any thought on it please

Many thanks in advance.  :)
  • Options
    @Alannah786 it is possible to miss lh surge, some ppl have quick peak. But u can trust ur bbt, even if u miss opk bbt will rise confirming ov. So of ur conCerned just make sure u bd plenty.  X
  • Options
    Here’s my chart and opks:

ignore the FF ovulation - I didn’t ovulate CD 8 it was just a high temp fluctuation.

• Options
    Hi @GreenSky22 - I’ve never used the Easy home ones, and personally I don’t trust the cheap hpt tests from eBay or amazon. 

In my opinion, First Response Early Result or Superdrug own brand (early detection ones) are pretty reliable xx
  • Options
    Anyone know if Ranitidine is safe to take in the tww, I have terrible reflux/heartburn and it's the only thing in the house, gotta say heartburn is a first for me it started yesterday and it's the first time I've ever had it in my 27 years 🤔 x
  • Options
    I took it through out pregnancy so it should be! Where are you in your cycle?xxx
  • Options
    That's good to know thank you and I'm cd21 and 4dpo x
  • Options
    Weird @Happymummy14 it seems way too early to have any pregnancy symptoms but heartburn and acid reflux was a massive symptom for me. X
  • Options
    @EmJ3 it's just weird as I never have heartburn now I can't get rid of it lol, I'm not reading anything in to it as I promised myself I'm not going to symptom spot this cycle as I know most symptoms are caused by progesterone anyway x
  • Options
    @Happymummy14 I know it’s hard not to symptom spot!!!xxx
  • Options
    LonestarLonestar Regular
    edited Feb 11, 2020 5:31PM
    Ladies who use digital smileys, when do you start using those with out wasting loads. When cm picks up? Or go by stick opks? Or something different? 

Not tried them before due to cost but they are my something different I intend to use them with sticks to see if I can catch a peak (happens over night or quickly) 

I also want to try acupuncture/reflexology or something else. Any recommendations on which one? 
  • Options
    @Lonestar thanks <3

@GreenSky22 i have never got a false positive on these.....however i did get a BFP on them but bc the lines are usually the same faint color unless u are far along i didnt know i was miscarrying til it happened 

@Happymummy14 FX for u that was my first symptom 
  • Options
    Babog83Babog83 Regular
    edited Feb 11, 2020 5:55PM
    @Lonestar how long is your average cycle?
    Long windows reaping here!!
    normally I have 28 day cycle so used them from CD8 first time (as per instructions), took 7 days of flashing smileys for me to get a peak..thought I never would! So going on that I seemed to ov at CD 17..next cycle (Also started BBT that cycle and was cycle I conceived) started CD 11 and only got 3 flashing before peak at CD 15, once I got the flashing that cycle started IC opk daily, when I got the peak I did IC 3 times a day..never got a peak on those only high but highest was at around 4pm. IC for me went straight from nothing day before to high day of peak on CB to nothing the next day so def don’t use those before the CB as the CB is picking up oestrogen before the LH surge. Also I started to get flashing smileys before CM change. 
    This cycle is post MC so all over place so when HCG started to go low (and BFN at home) I started again and only got 1 day of flashing smiley Sunday, yesterday solid and again only high and no peak on OPK and IC back to nothing today. Hopefully BBT will confirm ov today.

I also started accupuncture after the MC, hard to say if it does anything but I feel like I’m helping myself trying something and despite all the needles sticking out of you it’s quite relaxing!