Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint positive and some negatives

Hi everyone, I have taken 3 pregnancy tests as I am currently 4 days late for my period which is unusual for me. One was a clear blue early detection test, this has come back with a very faint positive line (this got darker through the day but is still very faint) then I have taken another cheap test first thing this morning  which came back negative , and then a clear blue digital this afternoon which also came back “not pregnant” . Really struggling to understand if I’m pregnant or not.. I have attached the picture of my faint positive line and would appreciate any opinions, thank you 

Replies

• CB tests are known for evap lines and not being very reliable. Any chance you can try a link dye test? Do you know when you ovulated?x
  • Oh really, so would you say that’s an evaporation line rather than a positive? I’ve never taken a pregnancy test until yesterday so wasn’t sure. I ovulated on 22nd January. What is a link dye test? I’m going to wait 3/4 days before I test again if I don’t come on my period in the mean time. X
  • Ahh stupid phone, I mean Pink dye test. The most commonly used one is First Response Early Result (FRER) 
    If you did ovulate on 22nd of January that would put you at 19 DPO so the CB should have picked it up. How did you confirm ovulation?x
  • I will have a look into that for a few days time if I haven’t come on my period by then, thanks. I used the Flo app to track my ovulation date x
  • Hi @Hannah03061991
    Your faint line looks the same as mine did 

This was the day my AF was due and then I waited a few more days and took another one, followed by a digital and it came back positive. 
    When I was pregnant with my first, I didn't get a faint positive until 5 days past AF. Maybe you OVd later than you though? 
    Fingers crossed for you 
  • I’d say that’s positive, even tho these tests are unreliable.. it does look pretty positive to me, re test with a frer x
  • Thanks for your help, it’s so hard to know what’s going on! I’ll wait a few days and test again x
  • did you test again? 
    looks positive to me 
  • I’m going to test tomorrow morning, trying not to get my hopes up just incase it’s negative! X
  • I did a digital test this morning and it was negative, now 7 days late for my period and so confused as to what’s going on! Bought some cheap tests today to keep doing over the next few days but might make an appointment with my gp soon to see if they can tell me anything x
  • How are you getting on?? X