Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How I quickly got my BFP!

I wanted to share this story with you guys in the hopes that it helps even one of you conceive if you haven’t thought to try this method or haven’t found much research on it! (Like we didn’t)  we are a same sex couple, but of course, straight couples could use this as well! It just might seem a bit....clinical, and say less romantic lol! But we conceived on our second cycle and it was the only one we used this method on!

on our first cycle, in short, we bought pre-seed and used the syringe method with our donor. Obviously, we did not conceive that cycle. Lol.

So, in our first cycle I had begun to take a prenatal. Even though I wasn’t pregnant I continued taking it every day to keep it in my system and I honestly believe that was an important part of us conceiving, but that could just be me! Along with taking the vitamins, we purchased the clear blue ovulation kit with the blinking smiley face. If, like me, your cycle can vary anywhere from being 1-3 days off, you use your shortest cycle as an indicator of when to start testing. On cycle 1 we just used the one with the lines. 

We also decided on this cycle to use disposable soft discs instead of a syringe. I had never used one before so I did practice with a couple of them on getting it right. I would lay on my back and insert it, make sure it was in comfortably, then get up and walk around with it in to double check I couldn’t feel it. It took me 4 discs to get it right. So it is a learning curve, but once mastered it was super easy! I wanted to learn to insert it while lying down so that the pre-seed we used wouldn’t come running out of me (tmi I know) 

so, after my period I began testing, and 3 days after my first blinking smiley we went to see our donor. We gave him instructions to finish directly into the soft disc and while he was doing his thing, I laid down and my wife put the pre seed in for me. A little while later she collected the soft disc with his sample and handed it to me, and I slipped it right in. Now, even though I could get up immediately if I wanted to, I still laid with my hips up for 20 minutes to help coax everything along. You can leave the soft discs in for up to 12 hours so that’s what we did! When taking it out there should be a mix of pre-seed, your own fertile fluid, and sperm. 

we skipped the next day due to work, and the day after that I got my peak! So that day, and the following we repeated the process the exact same way! The only difference being on the two peak days my wife and I had “fun time” once we were back home! And now, here I am 5 weeks and 3 days pregnant! It almost seemed too easy 😂 like I said, I really hope this can help someone else have the success we did!!

Replies