Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Experience needed!

So sorry you must see so many people post questions like this, I have very irregular periods, every 3 months. I have been trying for 6 months (only 2 cycles) with no luck. I was told in the past I didnt have pcos as been for tests for it. 

This month I decided to use opks and on my first one got a positive straight away. Thought it was luck. Kept doing them as was my first time so wanted to make sure. Still positive. I'm now cd70 and 18dpo (if that first one was correct) and still getting positives. This picture if from today, one at the bottom is my opk - top one was with water so see if there would be a line Anyway and the top is my pregnancy test. No idea what's going on.

A better view of my opk cause lighting wasnt great 

I have also been checking my cm and it's always watery. Checked my cervix today and had a mix of watery and ewcm and a soft very open cervix.

Judging by the HCG test I am not pregnant but what is going on is there something wrong with me sad got the doctors sunday but feel like cause I've not been trying long enough I wont get much help

Replies

• My OPKs always have two lines, but that doesn’t mean it’s positive. I would download the app Premom and scan your OPKs. It will read them for you and mark them as low, high, or peak 
  • Hey. From videos I have watched on YouTube of people TTC'ing, people with PCOS often have LH surges throughout their cycles so find it very difficult to determine when they actually ovulating due to getting positives very often. I am not from a medical background,  it's just what I have seen 😫 this must be so frustrating for you.
    You could also try BBT which doesn't show ovulation until it's happened, but at least if you used that alongside the OPKs, you will know when you did actually ovulate. Best thing to do is just BD every few days and hopefully you'll catch ovulation x
  • Hi I have the same problem I haven’t been told I have PCOS but  my lh tends to have high spikes all throughout my cycle so I’m using the advanced OPK clear blue. I know they are more expensive but they test lh and estrogen. And it gives you 4 or more days prior to when you might ovulate. I also bbt to confirm