Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PREGNANCY TEST CONFUSION! HELP

First things first I’m 2 weeks late on my period, I’ve felt minor changes in my breast which is what prompted me to buy the test since its not uncommon for my period to be irregular. The test was very faint for both lines and I honestly dont know if it’s a faulty test or not. And I cant wait 2 days to try again. However even after taking the test I engaged in sex and had bleeding and assumed my periods coming on. I know the smart thing would be is to get another test and try again but the fear of the same results is scary. Please let me know what you think.

Replies

• its clearly a positive......what color is the bleed???? i would take another today but dont drink anything and hold ur pee for 4 hours.......in 2 days u should take another test too to compare lines bc if ur bleeding u could be having a MC.....ur lines are too dark to be an evap
  • have you took another today?
  • Hello,

First off, my name is Kate. My husband and I only recently began trying for a baby. I have an irregular period so I have been using Ovulation strips. Three days before I got a positive ovulation strip, we had sex. Now, I cannot tell if I have any symptoms because I also have Crohn's an d bloating, cramps and fatigue come along with that already. Now, it has been only 10 days since my ovulation and so this morning I took a test just to see. This is what I got. Can you see a faint line? What does that mean? Help.
  • id say that's positive, can you try a pink dye test?
  • edited Feb 21, 2020 1:48PM
    See, that is what I am thinking, but I didn't want to get my hopes up if it really wasn't and I was happening to see things. You know?

I also got First Response ones yeah (which I believe are the pink dye ones), but I just used this clear blue because it can supposedly detect pregnancy 6 days before supposed missed period. I figured I would wait until next week to use the First Response ones. What do you think?
  • the first response show 6 days sooner as well
  • Really? I didn’t know that. It said on the box wait until day after missed period and the clear blue said you can do it a few days before. But this is good to know. I will try with that one in a few days. Thanks 
  • Hello. 
    I hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this post but I am confused about a test that I took this morning. I have PCOS and I don’t ovulate so due to start clomid next month to ttc number 2. I took this test this morning with first morning urine however I did another this afternoon and it was negative. 
    I’m so confused, I don’t feel any different. Any help would be much appreciated  
  • Hello, new on this thread .I am a few days late and sometimes irregular cycle . I have some symptoms but wonder if it's because I really want to see a postive I see a plus sign on a test I did this afternoon . Is this a bfn or bfp? 
  • I see the line vey, looks like bfp but try a pink dye
  • Hi all. I am new to this. TTC and periods will be 11 days late tomorrow, however last month they were 5 days late, but did come. 

I took the two pink tests this morning, which are showing as positive (i think). And took the 2 blue this afternoon, plus the clear blue at 6.30pm this evening all showing negative. 

What does everyone think?! Don’t want to get my hopes up.. 

Thank you in advance. X