Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

31 years old and ready now

Hi everyone,

I just turned 31. Until last year, I had not even thought about getting pregnant but somehow I have started thinking about it a lot these days. It has been about two months now and already getting anxious. I know that's not gonna help but I guess that's my nature as a person. I was already getting obsessed over the fertility app so I deleted it today. I just want to go with the flow.
Please do share your experiences.

Replies

• Hey @iamready and welcome :) I am 31 next month. I know you say you just want to go with the flow, but to maximise your chances of a quick conception,being in the know about your cycle is so critical. I would hugely recommend looking into OPKs and BBT as it really helps. Xx
  • Thank you @SunshineB. I thought so too but the app thing was really making me anxious. I might reinstall it though :)
  • Honestly the period apps themselves are rubbish really. The fertile window is hardly ever accurate so they could cause more stress as you think you are BD'ing in the right days leading up to ovulation but you most likely aren't 😫 x
  • Hi @iamready

Everyone is different, so do what works for you when TTC.  Personally, I have never used opks, or bbt, but I did use an app, to track my period and when we BD. 

But we made sure to BD regularly, to make sure we were always covered. For me, I felt like using opk, etc, would make me obsessive, and stress me out. And I would worry then that I'd only focus on BDing on certain days, and maybe miss the window because I wasn't tracking properly.

So do what's right for you. 

I've just had my second baby at 37. Have been lucky to only take 4 cycles to get pregnant first time and 3 the second. Just mentioning that because you said your age in the title. 

Great thing about this site is that you will learn so much about TTC, that you might decide that tracking us for you. You'll get loads of advice and be able to chat with people who are using the same method.

Best of luck with TTC.
  • thank you both for replying to my post. @SunshineB @JaneDC :)
    According to the app I had deleted earlier, today is supposed to be 1st day of my period but nothing yet but i dont feel pregnant either.
  • Yeah if you BD every 2 to 3 days you should cover your fertile window that way. After 4 months of that we just start tailing off towards the back end of the month so probably missed some vital days lol x