Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

TTC My first with my BF

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post and I think some people might give me stress over it but my BF and I have decided to have our first baby together, im 16 and he is 24 and we will get married when im 18

We have been dating for 9 months now and I love him very much, his mum and dad are really well off and I get on well with them and his mum knows we have started to TTC

She has gotten me some prenatal vitamins and we talk about it a lot, she even helped me plan it all, lol

I guess everyone on here will think im silly and to young but its all legal here and I love him so very much.

If anyone wants to chat or give me advice then it would be cool, nobody negative please x

Rachel

Replies

• Is there anything specific you wanted advice or information on? What country are you based in?

Just out of interest, are you close with your own family? Personally if it were me I wouldn't want to have a baby at your age or in your situation. Having a baby has been the best thing in my life to date, although I did have a horrendous pregnancy - I've written up my experience if you wanted to see it. One of the reasons I wouldn't have wanted a baby at 16 us that there are a lot of things I either wouldn't have been able to do or that would have been 1000x harder if I had a baby that young. However... if I were going to then I wouldn't ever want to rely solely on the father (or father's family) for support when thinking about having a baby. 
  • if u live in america then ur mom will get custodyof ur baby til ur 18.....your parents also get to make ALL of the decisions with ut visits ur labor and ur child.....with not being a legal age u literally have NO control over any of it......u didnt mention anything about ur parents so i think u should have a discussion with them before u make this big decision bc they are gonna be the only ones that can make decisions for u.....not only that 9 months isnt a very long time.....im not trying to be mean or judgemental hun but i think u should wait......my friend when i was in high school had her baby and it turned out she couldnt make any decisions for herself bc she was so young and she hated it bc her mom went against what she wanted ALOT....not only that ur bf should have a job to be able to support the 3 of u bc even if his family is "better off" he wont have them forever and believe it or not parents do get tired of having to provide everything.....i learned that the hard way
  • I live in England and his mum is happy for us to have a baby together
  • @Catlady220 I use to be a school nurse in the US and that’s not the case. I would have 12 year olds that were pregnant and I wasn’t even allowed to yell their parents without their permission. Crazy but that’s the law. Parents would have to be aware and sign for a medical procedure such as a termination but they don’t have any say in the pregnancy part! They became a temporary adult. At least that’s how it was 4 years ago not sure if things changed since then 
  • @rachelpark I am sure you are anxious to have a baby right now but maybe just take some time and think about it a little longer. You have so much time to have a family and many children and this is a time a life you are suppose to enjoy and have no worries! Good luck to you 
  • @Summer08

My bf and I are just going to see what happens, he is really nice and maybe love is blind but I would really love to be with him forever
  • Do you have share a home together @rachelpark ? At 16 I could not imagine looking after a house, nevermind another life. It really isn't a decision to take lightly. In the UK you are only just the legal age to be having sex technically. You have so much time ahead of you. If you intend to be with your boyfriend forever, what's waiting a few more years going to do? Do you not wish to further your educational so you can get a job and be able to support yourselves? Not meaning to be negative, its your personal choice but just trying to be realistic. It's not something you can change your mind on once it has happened, and then living to regret that decision x
  • I will finish school this summer and could go back in a few years if I wanted to.

Once I finish school then we are planning to move in together to the granny flat at his place, its away from the main house and above the garages.  I'm not desperate to get pregnant right away but we aren't using anything at the moment so it could happen

I dont think I will regret it, no matter what happens
  • Wish you all the luck in the world and hope you are happy x
  • Thank you, I know I'm young but at least I'm not 13 or 14 or 15. 

His mum and I are both hoping it happens this year, I would love to be big by christmas
  • Have you spoken to your parents about this? They are still responsible for you until you are  18.

One of my friends was with a 27 year old when she was just 15,they waited till she was 16 before having sex. They got married when she was 22 and then had a child, but are no longer together now. she was so young when they got together,she missed out on a lot of things and the age gap became too much in the end x
  • My mum and dad dont care much about me much and they dont know we have been having sex.

I know he is older but he is so lovely, I waited untill my 16th birthday too

I don think I will miss out on much, my life is really boring
  • Does he have any friends that you could babysit for, for a day lol give you an idea of what it will be like. 

It's a shame you don't have a good relationship with your parents, but that happens doesn't it 😔 💗 x
  • I have baby sat for a few people, I do really well at it, I know it can be hard work but I'm ready for it

I know my mum didn't want to have me, she told me so more than once
  • I'm on the 2 week wait again, this is the worst part, good luck to everyone else
  • @Summer08 hmmmm maybe its different for different states.....i know my friend didnt get custody of her baby  til she was 18......maybe there was a different reason y
  • One of my friends friends had a baby at 15 and there was no problem with custody 
  • idk i could be wrong i was really young....there could be a reason y she didnt get custody idk
  • I know that it does happen with some people, thats one of the reasons why my BF and I waited until I was 16 before we started to try for a baby.
  • I have just tested and it is positive  :)