Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hoping For A BFP In March <3

Replies

• @Súkkulaði-1 Probably I should, I just don't want to see another BFN, so I am scared to test. :(

@Jtk96 It sounds very professional! Thank you for sharing your experience. How are you doing.

@MadDoda I haven't put the temps on a chart, just jotted the numbers down and unfortunately only from the 20th of March. Silly me, did not use OPK this month either. First day of period 26th of Feb (cycle length: 26 days). Temps from the 20th till today: 36.41, 36.46, 36.51, 36.58, 36.71, 36.68 and 36.59. Do you think it is coming down slowly? My usual AF temp is around 36.2.

• @MadDoda Interesting thing: on the 23rd, in the evening I had a few drops of blood on the toilet paper (the amount you had after a jab or a blood test on the cotton wool or plaster). I thought AF has started, but nothing since then. My wishful thinking says: Late ovulation, implantation spotting, that is why test showed BFN on the 25th in the morning. Is this possible? Other theory is that it is an anovulatory cycle and AF will be about a week late. Time will tell...

How are you by the way? :) What is happening at your end?
  • @remedios temps have no meaning u need to see pattern. Without Chart u can't tell anything about ur cycle. Basically u have no idea when y ovulated it when to expect af. I cant be sure without visual but by temps I think u ovulated around 21st and spotting was due to ur ovulation. If that's the case when ur af shouldn't be due sooner than 3rd of April. But as I say without Chart it's almost a guess. There is no guarantee ur cycle will always be 26 days during ttc, due to many stressors ur ov maybe delayed. I understand u miss temps from earlier on in cycle but I suggest u download fertility friend and input what u have and see if it will help u. 
  • @remedios as for anovulatory cycle it happens when u get peak opk, but u don't release egg so u don't get temp shift on ur bbt. In that case u may have a minor spotting or nothing at all 2 weeks after peak opk. Since u didn't do opk u can't be sure. But by ur temps as above I'm pretty sure u ovulated. 

As for me I'm not trying, just started bc, I have up on having second child. I'm here to help the ladies with bbt mostly. Attachment I guess.
  • @MadDoda Thanks for your helpful comment! Well, BBT was always very stressful for me and used to use FF app and it wasn't for me. It was great that it confirmed ovulation as I used to use OPK as well with it, but made me more anxious. Last year I got so fed up with TTCing that we haven't given it up for 3 months. Back again, this was our 4th cycle. Clearly you believe in BBT. Why is that? Did it help you to conceive your first child? Or do you have some medical background?  
  • @remedios I got pregnant twice in two months with bbt while trying for my son and then another 5 times in 8 months while trying for second. I never used opk, I only used bbt and it never failed me, even if I had different cycle every month and different ovulation day due to miscarriages. I still could predict ovulation with bbt only. 

It's obviously ur decision how u deal with this and I totally understand that u feel overwhelmed. So if just having a lot of sex works for u, stick with it. Just keep in mind,  that even if until now every cycle u had,  had 26 days, the next one will be the same. U need to always considered delayed ov and bd longer.  X
  • @remedios forgot to add that the first two pregnancy was immediately first and second cycle with bbt. And in second wave my first pregnancy was also as soon as started to bbt. 
  • @MadDoda Thank you for explaining and very sorry for all those pregnancies that ended up in losses. I stopped BBT, because I felt that we did everything right, my husband and I had check ups after 6 months and medically nothing wrong with us. We are healthy, never smoked, don't drink at all, although not young any more. I did detox, Macca powder, Castor oil pack, had sex at the right time and here we are a year later still not pregnant. BBT was just another additional stress factor and felt that it should happen naturally... The reason I have been checking my temp because of Corona. :) I check my husbands as well! :D But don't put them on the chart. ;) 
  • @Remedios we all have our own hardships. It's important u do what's best for u, and don't give up on sure u will succeed eventually, hopefully it will not be much longer. I'm cheering everyone here to get their bfps, since i couldn't. 
  • Another BFN, temp is 36.61. More CM. 

Thanks @MadDoda
  • My period is due soon and I think it will come 🙈
  • CD18 low opk....gonna do another at noon-1ish to try to see if its higher bc i never do opk this early but if not its ok.....2nd bd down only 6 more to go <3

• Js opk time matters .....first opk on here cd18 was at 9:30am almost nothing.....opk when I usually do it same day 1:30ish n it's high
  • morning morning all CD13 here seems to have gone pretty quickly chart is a bit crap this month as been having erratic waking times, yesterday morning awake from 5 this morning didn’t wake up until 7.30 normally I am a 6am wake up person.
    will have to rely a bit more on OPK and plenty of BD :) 
    as we are both home and kids not back until tomorrow night it works quite well lol 😂 
    hope you are all well xx
  • @Wishingforbaby3 I'm in the same boat as u with only opk.....fx for us
  • I finally ovulated 😊 and I couldn't be happier. Dieting really did help and I know I have to keep up my healthy lifestyle.
    I wanna feel comfortable in the cloths I wear and feel like when I eat something sweet I earned it. 

I also waxed myself today for the first time ever. I gave myself a bikini wax. Very painful and not fun at all. However I am very happy with the result. 
    I have a question for you girls
    Do you guys have a problem with pubic hair?
    I hate it, cause it bothers me when I have hair there. However I wanted to know what you guys do or think?
  • @Jtk96 I remember when I was much younger I went swimming and a girl laughed at me for having a bit of hair poking through my costume. Since then I’ve always shaved 🙈. But personally prefer the “fresh” feeling 🤣

yay to ovulating! You stopped your vitamins too didn’t you? I wonder if that helped 
  • The UK (and others!) are very anti pubic hair these days.  For some, it’s even thought to be dirty and unhygienic.  My generation (in my forties) is probably the last to remember a time when it was normal and socially accepted.  

Personally, I mix up what I do with my lady garden.  Sometimes all the waxing and shaving just gets too irritating and I need a break!  Luckily my OH likes variety, and is also old enough (46) to remember ‘the bush’ when it was still revered and sexy!

if you really hate it, have you considered laser hair removal?  It’s pricey and painful, but would be worth it in the long run. X

• Yay so a cd20 ov is likely or over night tonight 💖

• Fingers crossed for an OV overnight @Catlady220

I am currently 7dpo and very relaxed about it, I dont think I'm pregnant this cycle so decided not to test until AF is due. This will be my first AF since MC so looking forward to having a fresh clean cycle. 

Hope everyone else is doing ok?