Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Indent line or positive test?

hi, I’m new to this so not sure if I’m doing it right but long story short I had an ultra sound 4 days ago at 5dpo and she mentioned a thick womb? And ask if I could be pregnant. I’ve done tests since, some being negative and 2 having a very very faint line so I’m not sure if they could a 100% positive. 

Any ideas on the thick womb?
thanks 

Replies

• I've no idea about whether a thick womb is an indicator but 9DPO is still quite early to test. If you think you see a faint line I'd wait at least 2 more days, but ideally 4-5 more days, and then retest first thing in the morning. 

Good luck!
  • I feel like everyone’s womb would be thick after ovulation as your body prepares each month for an egg. When you get your period, it’s all of the lining in your uterus that was preparing for a baby that comes out, so I really don’t think that’s an indicator at 5dpo since your body prepares for an egg each cycle
  • Sorry to jump on your post but you mentioned thick womb , when I was going through an early miscarriage the lady who did my ultrasound said that my womb was thick so there was definitely a pregnancy there we just couldnt see it as it had already probably passed I was bleeding at the time too so she sent me away and I had to come back a week later , when I went back she said the lining of my womb had gone back to thin this was after a lot of blood passing , but just thought this may help , a thick womb can indicate a pregnancy.
  • 5dpo would be too early for that though as implantation doesn’t happen until 6-12 dpo
  • how do u know when u ovulated??? @2020