Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Faint line or just a fluke?

Hello! This is my first time here so I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong category.

I just took a pregnancy test and I think I see a line, but I'm not 100% sure what it means. This is basically my first time taking a pregnancy test. Husband and I started TTC this month and I feel like it would be too good to be true to get pregnant this fast, right? 

For anyone interested I'm 12 DPO and currently CD 26 (28 cycle length). My period is expected in about 3 days. (two different apps say different things). I ovulated the 15th (had a positive LH surge at this date). 

This is the test taken 5 minutes after using (as recommended so it shouldn't be an evaporation line, right?):

Here is the contrast courtesy of the app I'm using (fenometer):

And a less promising invert also via fenometer:

Thank you guys for your input. I'm so confused in this process (no children and never got pregnant before), and I'm afraid I'm just making stuff up in my head because I want it to be positive. 

I'll obviously test at a later date but now I just can't sit still and the nerves are killing me! 

Replies

• Options
    I can see a line definitely I'd suggest you retest 2 days later and see if its gets darker
  • Options
    I can defo see the line plus it has colour.. give it a day or two and test again! Line should get darker 😍 
  • Options
    @Ayana , @WelshGirrl thank you guys so much!! I'll definitely redo the test in two days and post the results on here again. Let's hope for something more clear next time 🤞
  • Options
    Mine was this faint also.. and I’ve got just over 5 weeks to go!! So fingers crossed babe
  • Options
    Update! This is my HCG Test as of today:

It definitely looks darker. Not sure when I should go to a doctor to get a pregnancy test done, but I'll figure it out hopefully.

I'm trying not to be too excited since it's still so early, but I can't help but feel giddy. 

I hope for a healthy pregnancy for everyone! 
  • Options
    It defo does look darker ! Congratulations :) 
  • Options
    U just call your gp and book and appointment. Then your doctor will give you midwife form to fill in and from there they will schedule your first midwife appointment and figure our your approximate due date and dating scan etc. The faster you do it the better.