Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Nervous to test

Hi so I came off my pill at the beginning of December, I then had a period at the end of december but then missed one at the end of January. I then had a period at the end of February and was due on yesterday but I'm nervous to do a test incase I've just missed one again. Is that possible?

Replies

• The human body does weird things, even when everything is regular and you think you’ve got it all worked out.  So yes, it’s possible your cycle is just still finding its new rhythm... but it’s just as possible that your period is absent for ‘other’ reasons.  

Not knowing is one of the hardest parts of TTC.  You’re at a stage in your cycle when you can pretty definitively find out the answer now... if you take a HPT.  If it is negative, you’ll know your body just needs a bit more time to adjust and you can move on and plan and look forward to your next cycle.  If it’s positive???  You can stop wondering and start really enjoying the process.  Waiting it out is also a perfectly acceptable option if you simply can’t stand to test right now.  Only you know what is right for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  Many of us here understand the confusion, fear, disappointment and sadness (as well as the joys!) of this process all too well, so we’re always here to listen and chat if you need it. X

• @KiwiMoomin I took a test today after being 4days late...it came back as a no but I took the test when my urine was diluted so I'm going to try again tomorrow. Not sure what going on if I've just missed a period after having one at the end of February 
  • Fingers crossed for your test tomorrow.  Some women do not get their BFP until almost 2 weeks late... so keep an eye out for other symptoms and keep testing if AF still doesn’t show up.  

But you did only came off the pill a few months ago, so it’s a good sign that you’re are already having a proper period, it just needs to find its rhythm.  Some women can take a year or so before their cycles regulate properly.  It’s a confusing and frustrating time, that’s for sure! Keep us updated on how you get on. Best of luck!X