Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Need some advice

Hii I'm going slightly crazy with over thinking at the moment, so I came off my pill beginning of december then I had a period at the end of december. I then missed a period at the end of January only to have one end of February. I was due on friday so I'm now 4days late, I took a test this afternoon but was diluted and it says that can mess with a result. I'm just getting frustrated to keep having a period then missing one and not getting pregnant 

Replies

• Are you using OPKs or tracking BBT? It can take a few months for your cycle to regulate after the pill, so I wouldn’t quite say you are late since your cycles will be messed up for a while. I started using OPKs everyday when I came off the pill so I had a better idea when I was ovulating 
  • @Rachel.a21 thing is my monthlys have bee dead on schedule when I have had them 
  • It doesn't matter, pill messes up ur hormones. There isn't even guarantee ur cycle will be the same length after it regulates Now. I also suggest u start tracking ovulation to maximise ur chances. I suspect u didn't skip period in Jan, u just had hormones messed up and u struggled to ovulate until very late, hence the long cycle. It's probably happening again. If u kept regular bd even after the time u assumed u ovulated, then there is still a chance, fx.
  • @MadDoda yh I suppose your right. Just if I find out I'm pregant next month I wont be able to say how far along I am as wont know when my last period was meant to be
  • That's another reason why it's good to know when u ovulated. Coz pregnancy is calculated based on average 28 day cycle with ov at cd14 and luteal phase of about 14 days. If u know when u ovulated u count pregnancy from two weeks before that. X
  • @MadDoda I used a ovulation tracker on my phone hence why I knew I was due on this weekend, just gonna carry on using that  and I have ovulation sticks aswell x
  • Tracker apps are wrong most of time. I wouldn't even trust one. I'm talking about real tracking, opk, bbt. Apps are guessing based on population statistics. After bc u are nowhere near that. Use opk asap, if u didn't ovulate yet, u may still catch it.