Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How reliable are Clearblue tests??

Me again. Would really love a response from someone to stop me going insane 😊

I took a clear blue digital test 1 day after my period was due. I’m now 2 days late, is Clearblue reliable or should I re test in a few days? 

I had really bad heartburn last week and my boobs have been tender on and off today?

Would love someone’s advise 

thanks 
Em x

Replies

• did it say positive? if so it will be reliable as the hcg would be high to pick it up.
  • Hi, thanks so much for replying. 
    No it was negative. I weed in a plastic lid and didn’t realise there was a hole in it so by the time I put the test in majority had gone. I think I managed to get half the tip in. Stupid of me I know haha! 

Don’t know weather to re test or just leave it. Still haven’t come on. I was 1 day late when I took the CB digital test so now I’m 3 days late? x
  • I've heard clear blue digital need a higher hcg level to pick, if I was you I would use fmu, not sure about you but when I tried to use the clear blue as a dip test rather than midsteam I always got the book sign! So be careful it's a waste of a test when there quite expensive x
  • Yes I had a book sign last time I used one. What is fmu? 
    Do you think it’s worth retesting if I got a negative after 1 day late or am I just kidding myself? X
  • It stands for first morning urine, if you have used one today I would wait until tomorrow morning now if you can hold out..I know it's hard! I got my positive on cb a couple of days before my missed period, but everyone is totally different, I think I just implanted very early..but try to use it midstream next time you use it, have you tried any other kids of test? X
  • In my opinion I always say you're not out until AF arrives x
  • Thanks @LouiseB24!!
    it wasn’t my fmu it was in the afternoon and obviously I messed it up with the lid having a hole in it. I got a positive with my first born the day of my period using CBD

i haven’t tried anything else. I’ve bought a duo pack today so have the digital one and then the one that has a cross on it. Just really hope I am! I never miss periods! X
  • Well that could be why it was negative if your urine was diluted after going to the toilet and drinking fluids :) I will hope your get your bfp, keep me updated x
  • @LouiseB24 I’ll text again Friday so it’ll give me an extra couple days if I can hold out that long! 
    Will keep you updated! Thank you! X
  • Brilliant, definitely let me know, I really hope you get you're result x
  • @LouiseB24 i might even do one tomorrow morning as I’d be classed as 4 days late then anyway? X
  • did you do one today?
  • @Amnx I’m going to wait for tomorrow morning and then I’m 5 days late. Really praying I’m pregnant but I don’t feel like I’m lucky enough to get a positive after a negative xx
  • FX for you let me know how you get on xx
  • Must have just skipped my period. Another negative this morning. Currently 5 days late now x

• BFN 😞
  • Aw I am so sorry to hear that, just hopefully if AF is coming she comes soon and you can positively start a new cycle xx
  • Thank you. If anything changes I’ll be sure to update you 😊
    thanks for the support x