Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Very positive ovulation test on day of missed period?!?

Hey everyone! I’m new here. I’ve been googling like crazy all day but need some advice and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience. 

I possibly have PCOS (suspicion of my Gyno). Because of this my cycles are a little longer than normal (30-34 days usually). I’ve been on letrozole for two months and ovulation with letrozole has been confirmed via blood test. 

My period usually starts a day or two before my tracking app says it will. App said it should’ve started on April 7 so I was expecting it a few days earlier. No period yet though! I did take some ovulation tests this morning just to see what would happen. I have read of some women getting positive ovulation tests when pregnant. And my result—very, very positive tests. However, I’ve also read that some women get an LH surge before their periods (although possibly not as strong as these tests are reading). 

I have ordered HPTs and will be picking up tomorrow, but in the meantime I just wanted to know if others have had similar experiences!? 

Replies

• I do not have pcos, but this is what my ovulation test looked like when my period was due before I got my positive hpt. Fingers crossed!
  • Thank you for sharing! Fingers crossed! I am going to wait a day or two to test. 
  • This is also what my ovulation test looked like around the time of my missed period when I got my bfp, good luck x
  • Thank you for sharing your similar experiences @LouiseB24

this would definitely be a scary time to be pregnant....I will quarantine myself even more! Lol 
  • Yes I have been doing the same,bot really leaving the house unless very necessary, I'm only just over 7 weeks so still worried about the whole thing 
  • I would try to not worry if possibly ladies, just follow the guidelines and wash hands/stay inside. I am currently 35 weeks, so the only thing I’m worried about is not being able to have my husband in the delivery room 😳
  • @Rachel.a21 @LouiseB24
    congrats and I wish healthy pregnancies and babies for both of you! 
  • It's normal to have LH surge before period or during the cycle at any time. I'd suggest u test after you miss your period with HCG test