Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone feeling? - Part 2

Replies

• @aut when was your last period? do you know when you ovulated? x
  • @Remedios I'm from UK I'm in west Yorkshire 😊 x
  • Remedios said:
    @VeronicaMA I have been living in the UK for almost 13 years. (Time flies by when you are having fun. :) ) I am originally from Hungary. I have a British husband. Where do you live? If you live in the UK, you could watch it on BBC I-player. Fantastic acting, marvellous story, excellent filming. The author of the book Emma Healey is very talented.
    I am sales administrator at a local motor company. My qualifications are very different though: German Teacher & Communication and Media (Moving pictures- mainly). What about you?
    Thank you! I really hope the next one will be the one, as we will mark the 1 year line...
    No rest for the wicked. :) I tried to keep myself busy-ish today and feel better after some achievements, now back to reading & resting. 

How sure are you about your ovulation day? HCG should double in 48 to72 hours. Check line progression. Maybe have blood test at your GP. Even if it is faint line, it is line.
    I am Spanish, but live in London. Been here for 4 years now :) Do you like it here?
    I will definitely look for it :) Thanks a lot for the tip!
    Some series I can recommend on Netflix:
    - Self Made
    - Call the midwife
    - The cable girls
    - Grace and Frankie

I am a translator and interpreter, and I am now doing a BA in journalism. Also trying to create a publishing company with some friends. Crazy times! Do you have the chance to work from home these days?

As for the DPO, I use an app for that, the name is Flo, and I counted from the day 1 after the last ovulation day. The first test was on Thursday and I could not see anything, it was 2 friends, and @Katie2202xx who mentioned the greyish line. Yesterday, the line was white and I could see it, but I felt paranoid. Too many negatives!
  • VeronicaMAVeronicaMA Regular
    edited May 4, 2020 6:41PM
    @MadDoda this is from the app I am using. 
    The blue days are the ovulation week and the hearts mark when we had sex.
    Feel like going mental... was supposed to get my period last Tuesday. If I am counting correctly, from the 19th, that's 16dpo today, sorry.
  • @VeronicaMA apps are guessing, no way u ovulated on cd16. U ovulated later, u have bd on cd20 so there is a chance still. If u would ovulated at cd16 u would get a bfp or af by now. X
  • MadDoda said:
    @VeronicaMA apps are guessing, no way u ovulated on cd16. U ovulated later, u have bd on cd20 so there is a chance still. If u would ovulated at cd16 u would get a bfp or af by now. X
    Thanks a million, hun! 
    May I ask how do you count it so that I can try and make an estimation?
  • Ur cycle includes two phases follicular from cd1 until ov and luteal from ov until af. Follicular phase may vary as stress can delay ur ovulation. Luteal phase remains the same each month varying only +/-1 day. So if u ovulate late ur cycle gets longer. That's why cycle length is unreliable, as ttc stress may affect ur ovulation. Standard average luteal phase is 14 days, so majority of ppl get af by 15dpo. So if u know when u ovulate, using opk or bbt and u know how long is ur luteal phase u can always estimate ur af no matter the cycle length. 
  • @VeronicaMA You are welcome! Then you can watch BBC I-player. Thanks for the tips! Something to watch during the lockdown. ;) It is OK, but I miss my family & friends. Gosh, you are a very busy lady then! ;) Whereabouts from Spain are you from? I have only been to Barcelona and the Costa Brava. My mum used to be a tour guide and she took me with her every year when I was little. I love the language, the food, the music, Calamares, Paella, Sangria, my favourite architect is Gaudi, my favourite author is Gabriel Garcia Marquez... I will never forget the Flamenco nights and the castanetas… I think the stork drop me off in the wrong place. ;) 
  • MadDoda said:
    Ur cycle includes two phases follicular from cd1 until ov and luteal from ov until af. Follicular phase may vary as stress can delay ur ovulation. Luteal phase remains the same each month varying only +/-1 day. So if u ovulate late ur cycle gets longer. That's why cycle length is unreliable, as ttc stress may affect ur ovulation. Standard average luteal phase is 14 days, so majority of ppl get af by 15dpo. So if u know when u ovulate, using opk or bbt and u know how long is ur luteal phase u can always estimate ur af no matter the cycle length.
    I readjusted the Lutheal phase approximately.  Does this make more sense?
  • @VeronicaMA Your ovulation is normally 12-16 days before your next period. Average 14 days. @MadDoda is right, there is no way that you ovulated when the app says. Otherwise you would have had period or a darker positive test. Did you use anything else to work out ovulation day? I hope that you are pregnant and that the line will get darker! ;) 
  • @VeronicaMA @Remedios I like how u can meet totally anyone in here, interesting jobs u both got. 
  • @MadDoda The most interesting one is yours by miles! ;) True, you can meet anyone, better than a dating site, eh? ;) 
  • Remedios said:
    @VeronicaMA Your ovulation is normally 12-16 days before your next period. Average 14 days. @MadDoda is right, there is no way that you ovulated when the app says. Otherwise you would have had period or a darker positive test. Did you use anything else to work out ovulation day? I hope that you are pregnant and that the line will get darker! ;) 
    I did not use anything else. My period has never been regular, which is even more confusing. 
    Started having a more intense lower back dulling pain and feeling more nauseous. Hope this is not that I will get my period soon!
    Thanks for the best wishes, hun! Really means a lot :)
  • MadDoda said:
    @VeronicaMA @Remedios I like how u can meet totally anyone in here, interesting jobs u both got. 

I totally agree with you, @MadDoda, hun! You never know who might be reading! Maybe your future new boss? who knows?!

what about you? what do you do for a living? :)
  • @Remedios haha thanks, not sure about dating site tho, never used

@VeronicaMA well I originally did food technology, which is basically food related chemistry and biotechnology, but couldn't pass one course,  so had to give up after two years of trying just before getting engineer degree. It was back in Poland long ago. So I moved to UK because I got flight attendant job. When I settled got married and bought house I realised I gotta decide what to do as I always liked to study. But I also wanted kids and since I was already nearly 30 I knew I can't delay neither studies nor baby. So I decided to do both. So here I am about to start my last year at university. I'm doing development, regeneration and stem cells. Want to get into PhD for regenerative medicine. My son is 19 months and I just recently gave up on second child. 
  • @Katie2202xx We have friends in Leeds. We have been to their wedding a good few years ago. The wife's name is Katie :) . I live in the South East, not far from London @VeronicaMA. :) Right, I really hope you are pregnant, but if you are not, we need to come up with a better ovulation tracking system, OK? ;) xx
  • MadDoda said:
    @Remedios haha thanks, not sure about dating site tho, never used

@VeronicaMA well I originally did food technology, which is basically food related chemistry and biotechnology, but couldn't pass one course,  so had to give up after two years of trying just before getting engineer degree. It was back in Poland long ago. So I moved to UK because I got flight attendant job. When I settled got married and bought house I realised I gotta decide what to do as I always liked to study. But I also wanted kids and since I was already nearly 30 I knew I can't delay neither studies nor baby. So I decided to do both. So here I am about to start my last year at university. I'm doing development, regeneration and stem cells. Want to get into PhD for regenerative medicine. My son is 19 months and I just recently gave up on second child. 
    @MadDoda Oh wow! it is definitely amazing, you go, girl! :) so you would like to be a researcher after your PhD or you'd like to work with patients?
    Where in the UK do you live?
  • It turned out a very international chat then. @MadDoda, @VeronicaMA. :) 
  • @VeronicaMA thank you, I'm trying my best. I want to do research, I'm fascinated by cells reprogramming. It's incredible what u can do this days. It's a very new field, so plenty to explore, but I'm also hoping to do master in bioinformatics just as an extra. I'm in Edinburgh, I bought a house next to centre of regenerative medicine, that's how crazy I am haha. 
  • @MadDoda Not crazy, just following your dream. That is what we all try to do here... You always sound very passionate about it. I admire that! 
This discussion has been closed.