Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying Again after Losing My Little Girl

Hi Girls, 

I lost my little girl at 19 weeks gestation on the 1st of April 2020. I bled for 3 weeks after my surgery but it has stopped now. She had turners syndrome, cystic hygroma, hydrops and hypoplastic left heart syndrome. She was really poorly.

As awful as this must sound to some people I'm still grieving and crying a lot when I look at her ashes but I just want to be pregnant again. Feel like all my dreams are gone 😪 

I am struggling to track anything as haven't had a  period since my surgery. I took a cheap ovulation strip this morning and it looked as though I was ovulating 😁🙏 but then took a clearblue later on and it came up with the negative blank face. 

Could this be because it wasn't my morning urine on the clearblue one or possibly shite cheap ovulation sticks giving a wrong reading of positive.

Sorry to ramble I got pregnant straight away last time and unsure on tracking ovulation.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Xx

Replies

• I’m so sorry to hear about you losing your little girl - how awful.
    of course you will grieve her but i appreciate you will also want to get pregnant again quickly!

id be surprised if the ovulation test was a false positive, do you have any other signs of ovulation? (Light cramps, egg white cervical mucus) I’d recommend just doing the deed the next few days to make sure you don’t miss the window! And maybe do some further ovulation tests the next little while too!

Take care I hope you get pregnant soon x 
  • @Asco thanks for replying. Yes I have the other signs I feel too ! Your totally right we will anyway as you say I don't want to miss the window. I'll take them both again tomorrow at the same time from my morning urine and see what it says. X 
  • I know I’m late replying to this but I had to. I lost my baby boy at nearly 21 weeks in 2018 so I know how you feel. I was utterly devastated and still miss him. I was so desperate to be pregnant again- it was all I could think about. 

We’ve since had our miracle rainbow baby Matilda- I just want you to know that it does get easier. You never forget but you learn to cope. 
    Sending you lots of love and baby dust.xxxx
  • @Chloe888 sorry I forgot to tag you!xx
  • @EmJ3 thank you so much for replying 💗 I am so sorry we have both been gone through this ! Can I ask did it take you long to concieve again ?  

I tracked last month but cycle was all over the place but its settled this cycle and really gave it our best shot so fingers crossed im 5dpo today xxxx
  • @Chloe888 it didn’t take too long to get pregnant-about 3 months but I did mc at 11 weeks. We took a 3 month break after that but got a bfp on the first month of ttc and we have a gorgeous 10 month old baby girl now! 
    Fingers crossed you get pregnant  quickly and get your happy ending. 

Be ready for an anxious pregnancy but it’s so worth it.xxxx
  • @EmJ3 thank you for sharing that ! I really hope this is my month ! This year has to have some good news in it ! Xxxx
  • That’s how I felt- try to turn the year around and turn it into a positive!

You’ll have good and bad days regardless as you’re still grieving. Try to be kind to yourself.xxx
  • @EmJ3 thank you i will ! I do still have good and bad days but more good ones now which is better ! I'll have to keep you updated if this is our month xxxx
  • 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻Xxxx
  • I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your precious daughter. I lost my son at 31+2 on the 27th February 2016. I completely understand the need to be pregnant again, for me it was very much part of the grieving process. I was very fortunate that I conceived my rainbow daughter very quickly and she was born 15th January 2017. There are no rules to grief. Be gentle with yourself. Sending lots of love xx
  • @Mrs_T. I'm so sorry to hear that we have both experienced losses 💔 i feel like that too ! Thank you so much for sharing your story of your rainbow daughter! Its exactly what i need to hear right now ! Hoping it won't be a long road of ttc it happened so quick first time round! Im 8dpo today and have literally done all i could so 🤞🌈💕 xx
  • Chloe888 said:
    @Mrs_T. I'm so sorry to hear that we have both experienced losses 💔 i feel like that too ! Thank you so much for sharing your story of your rainbow daughter! Its exactly what i need to hear right now ! Hoping it won't be a long road of ttc it happened so quick first time round! Im 8dpo today and have literally done all i could so 🤞🌈💕 xx
    Sending you all the luck in the world. Hope your rainbow is on board soon ❤️ xxx