Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hoping for a bfp in May 2020

Replies

• Hi All! Im praying for a BFP in May as well! May we all get one. ❤️
  • @Chloe888 It is my pleasure! <3 Don't be silly! That is the reason of the forum: to listen, to learn from experience, to support, to encourage. 
    I am glad that you can share this with your husband, although I am sure that seeing his pain  could be difficult too.
    Ah! Bless her, little fighter! Real life stories like yours, make people appreciate what they have. 
    xx

• BOO❤️ 3 days now until ovulation, I am sure that you have started DTD then. ;) Which app do you use? Do you use OPK as well, or relying on the app?
    I really admire parents' creativity and patience during the lockdown. I am sure she will love to do some arts and crafts! You need to tire her out mentally and physically as well. I am sure that she is full of beans at this age! ;) 
    We have been trying for our first, I am 36, my husband is 47. Not exactly young, I know. :) 11th month, cycle day 31, 14dpo, temp high (as I check BBT), BFN this morning. Heyho… 
  • @Babymaybe956 I do agree with @SS2020; I think I can see faint line! Fingers crossed. Have tested with pink dye or with any other tests since the last one?

• @Emmytashalie I am terribly sorry for your loss! How do you survive something that is so painful? I hope May is your month! Why were you so convinced that you were pregnant. Just curiosity as I did the same thing to myself. :) 

I really hope we all will see our desired 2 lines soon! xx
  • Hi @Jenisabelle, Yes! Cheers to that (with my morning ginger tea). :) May or may not?! :D No, let's rename this month to "definitely". ;)
  • Hi ladies currently 8DPO is it too early to test 
  • @Shannonm93 Yes, I think it is. Implantation normally happens between 6 and 12 days, 9 being the most common one. You can test, but HCG has not built up in your urine to get a reliable result. I would wait a bit longer. 
    Scenarios:
    1. You test and it is negative, you might be pregnant, but does not show yet. You will test again in a few days' time again. You might get a negative again and test again, so on.
    2. You test and it is positive, then you will be thrilled, but want to see how the line is progressing, so will keep testing anyway. 

Sorry, I did not mean to sound discouraging! But I have been there, have done, got the T-shirt! ;) 

• Hi ladies can I join ?

@Emmytashalie so sorry to hear about your awful loss, sending hugs xo

i am trying for my second on our 12th month now so I’m getting pretty impatient!

i have a 3 year old little girl at the minute who is desperate for a sibling! We’ve also been doing a lot of crafts recently, she loves it & it’s one of the few things she’ll sit quietly & do (for about 20 mins anyway) she’s entirely feral most of the day! But in the best way 😂 

currently on 4dpo and itching to POAS already but will need to wait until late next week!

baby dust to everyone xo
  • @Remedios thank you. It’s been hard. However we did know from the beginning that things may not pan out as we wanted. Doesn’t make things easier but we hadn’t bought things and it was always in the back of our minds. We have amazing friends and family. We have been so lucky in that way. 

I had symptoms of PMS but then my discharge changed to be yellow which doesn’t normally happen, my boobs were sore rather than just big, I had nausea too. And I was 2 days late. So I convinced myself 🤦🏼‍♀️. 

Love and baby dust to all. Praying for May for us xx
  • So sorry to hear of those awful experiences for people, 

semding everyone baby dust 🤞🏻👶🏻 
    We are in our 6 month of ttc, not had proper AF since stopping BC so just winging it 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Can’t do OPK’s due to PCOS, trying to bbt but work day and nights so just going to see if I can see anything trending. 

Loads of symptoms for all sorts but my body is so all over the place I have no idea wth is happening! Just keep doing random tests 😂 all negative so far obvs....there were many BFP’s in April...hopefully it continues into may 🤞🏻
  • @Emmytashalie No, I don't think anything could make this awful loss easier. May I asked what went wrong. I understand if you don't want to talk about it! I am so glad that you have support friends and family! 

I am NOT impressed with my body, it plays tricks on me. How naughty! Let's hope that May is our month. Although, AF hasn't arrive yet, but I assume it will tomorrow. Then I can start it all over again.
    xx
  • Remedio Hello
    I m new to this forum and I hope to get some help. I m experiencing spotting from 28th April that's CD 22 it then stopped on 29 Afternoon and then started again yesterday. It's brown in colour and not too light. Although much much lighter than a period. I have lengthy and irregular cycles. My last cycle was 36 days on 7th April. Although it had never been so long before.it usually is around 32-33. But I have never experienced spotting before. What can it be. Should I test?
  • Didnt get my BFP in April so hoping for it in May. Currently on CD1 of a 26/27 day cycle so hopefully get my BFP in May (just about!)
  • Hi @Imli and welcome! :) I am not an expert and I never had brown spotting myself, but I think it is too early to be your period. Do you use any aid to track ovulation date, e.g.: Ovulation Predictor Kit, temperature chart? It could be implantation bleeding (even ovulation bleeding), but with irregular period it is hard to predict, especially if you don't know when you ovulated.
    Sorry for the TMI question: Is it a proper flow? 
    Have you been on birth control recently?
    I would wait a bit longer as even if it is implantation bleeding, I am not sure that the test would give you an accurate result.

• @Fairycakes88 I haven't got my period yet, but expecting it tomorrow. I will be one day behind you then and although I don't think I will get BFP in May, but hopefully early June as my cycles started to lengthen a bit (32 days).
    Good luck to us! ;) 
  • @Remedios thank you. I don’t mind talking about it at all. They had twin to twin transfusion syndrome. They shared a placenta and one baby was getting all the good stuff - more blood more nutrients etc so she was massive. But the other baby was small and stuck. We hand an operation to save them both but unfortunately the bigger baby died and the smaller baby started to thrive. The operation to save them gave me an infection (they think) because they enter the womb with a probe. That started premature labour and the small baby just wasn’t strong enough. I feel incredibly blessed to have been a twin mum. It’s just so sad they never got their life. 

Ugh I know, mine does that. And Im thinking oh yes! I’ve done it. It took us 5 months when we conceived the twins. But I wrote another post about pregnacare to see if anyone had any recent good or bad reviews. I’ve seen a lot about them delaying periods. Which is what happened to me this time, I was 2 days late. Maybe I need to chill a bit more. We got pregnant the same month we got a dog last time. Maybe another dog?? Haha 
  • @Emmytashalie Thank you for sharing your story! I have learned something new today; I have never heard about twin to twin transfusion syndrome. I am actually aiming for twins :), mainly because of my age and also I am not sure that I could do another TTC journey. 
    I am sorry that yours never had a chance to experience life. 

I think Pregnacare did the same to me, but at least I was aware of it as I read the reviews, so I thought it was a possibility for late period. I did not get excited that time.Rare occasion... 

I have tried chilling too; meditation, yoga. I felt more relaxed this month, but did not give us BFP.

Ha! Funny you mentioned the dogs. When we started TTC with my husband I said to him if we can't get pregnant, could we have a dog (but don't tell our child that mummy wanted a dog rather than you). Unfortunately my parents in laws died recently, 3 months apart and we inherited their 2 dogs. :) I love them to bits, but I would love to get pregnant instead (or as well). How greedy! I know. 

• Hello ladies, I am new to the forum and I am on CD 14 today. I am also hoping for a May BFP. I see a little something on both picture tests. Have you POAS again?
  • Remedios said:
    Hi @Imli and welcome! :) I am not an expert and I never had brown spotting myself, but I think it is too early to be your period. Do you use any aid to track ovulation date, e.g.: Ovulation Predictor Kit, temperature chart? It could be implantation bleeding (even ovulation bleeding), but with irregular period it is hard to predict, especially if you don't know when you ovulated.
    Sorry for the TMI question: Is it a proper flow? 
    Have you been on birth control recently?
    I would wait a bit longer as even if it is implantation bleeding, I am not sure that the test would give you an accurate result.

Thanks@Remedios for your reply
    No I don't use any ovulation prediction kit or temperature recording.But yeah I had a lot of cm around CD 12-14.
    The flow is somewhat increasing  but intermittent and not continuous like af .so I had to use pads but brown in color. I don't use any birth control since my gynac told me to complete family quickly as I have adinomyosis.