Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

trying to conceive

I want to track trying for our first baby:) 
my husband and I have been trying for 5 months, going on 6, to conceive. 
Every time I have been hopeful and always let down. Making me feel like I will never be able to conceive. 
This month will be month 6 of trying. 
I am 17 days dpo with no sign of period in sight. I’m not late yet, period expected to come today. Tested yesterday which was a negative. 
I feel like if I was pregnant I would feel different. I have been having zero symptoms of period or pregnancy which just messes with my brain. I wish I would start bleeding so we can start over with a new month. 
This is the first month my husband has been really excited and wishing for a little planted peanut. 
I had light spotting early this month which I read is a sign of implantation but it was a week after my last period. 
So confused and hurting and not letting myself be excited. 
I wish this wait was over 

Replies

• Do you use ovulation tests to track ovulation? On average, people’s lp is only 14 days, so 14dpo would be around when period would start. If you’re using apps, they aren’t accurate because it’s just an estimate. I would definitely use ovulation tests if you don’t, they helped me a lot!
  • @Rachel.a21 I ordered some from amazon for the next month! Figured it’s time time to really figure out when I ovulate. Also bought some preseed from Walmart to see if that would help too. Took another pregnancy test this morning, expecting period any day now. If I was pregnant it would have shown up. Just wishing I was bleeding so I could start all over. 
  • I also used PreSeed! I used ovulation tests the first two months, then added Preseed the third month and that’s when I conceived. Fingers crossed for you! 
  • I use a app too but im confuse too... i ovulate on cd 12 or 13 and we baby dance on cd 8 and cd 9 is that too far apart to conceive? 
  • Got AF today. Glad to have my answer! New month new beginning. Spring is in the air :) 
  • Haha I know this is confusing but I didn’t get my AF, it was just spotting. Took a digital test this morning! After 6 months of waiting my BFP is for sure
    here! Love and baby dust to you ❤️❤️