Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coming off contraceptive pill and ttc baby #1! - Part 3

Replies

• a tad early I would wait abit longer and I came of dec 2019. I thought it was going to take me well over a year esp when all the dr kept saying that too because I had been on pill for sub long 
  • Yeah it actually didn't take too long @Emma63 but it feels like forever as each month passes 🙄 I'm hungry now reading about subway and mcds 😅😅😅 xx
  • oh yes, I had rabbit food for lunch today :/
  • Just coming on here to have a rant.... I’m sick of waiting lol. I hate this TWW but it’s not even two weeks it’s like 10 days 😫 xx
  • Awwwwww @Amy8970 it's so tough 😩 and I think when you are wfh it's so tough to distract yourself too. You're more than half way through now 😊 but it's not easy. It's like a form of torture. Big hugs to you ❤️ at least it's nearly the wkend xxx
  • feel free to rant we are here to listen xx
  • Yeah it’s definitely worse wfh. We haven’t been too busy the last few days either so more time to think and google things lol. AF should be there on Monday but still feels like so long away to wait. How is everyone? You enjoying your time off @cheesecoleslaw86 ? Xx
  • Awww we were the same which is why I wanted a week off to not have to find things to do and to get me the hell away from Google. Dr Google has a lot to answer for 😂

Had my first acupuncture session today. I liked it. It was weird at times as they used an electrical current on the points near ovaries. Will go again to see how it goes xxx

• Yeah I can’t imagine life without googling everything 😂 

Oh I forgot that was today. That sounds strange. Did they said it can help with fertility? Xx 
  • Yeah she did a fertility massage round my abdominal area too and showed me how to do it at home. She said I had a cold womb.... I was most offended lol But from some googling (of course) it appears it is a real thing. I am going again next week so will keep you posted on how it goes and whether it is worth while.

How are you feeling today? Xx
  • Ooo that’s interesting. What does it mean to have a cold womb lol? Yeah let us know how it goes.

I’m ok thanks, had the odd twinge/cramp here and there but nothing significant to report xx 
  • Think it can be common in people with an under active thyroid. Think it's blood stagnation around womb and the massage and acupuncture gets things moving again so it is a more hospitable environment for a baby.

My bbt was higher than normal today. Don't know if that is a coincidence or not. Will monitor it over next few days. Maybe it's helping, maybe it's not but I enjoyed it and felt relaxed after it so will continue for a while and see 😊

Tww or one an bit week wat is rotten. At least you're nearly at Friday. If af doesn't arrive Monday 🤞 are you going to test?

@Emma63 how you feeling?

@sunflowers24 you doing okay? Xx
  • I hope there is some link there with BBT and it is related. If not, it sounds like you enjoy it so that’s good ☺️ 

I’m not sure, I was two days late last cycle so not sure if my LP is still sorting itself out as I definitely got a peak? I’ll see how I feel by Monday if no AF although I tend to start spotting the day before so maybe I will know by Sunday. It’s all confusing lol. Need a masters degree for TTC xx
  • It remains a mystery to me how people have one night stands and get pregnant or are on pill and get pregnant. When I was younger I was on pill and used condoms 🤣 how little I knew...! 

My appointment at fertility clinic falls on day I usually ovulate which is a bummer. Hoping for late ov as we can't bd a few days prior to appt as dh has to give sample. I'd be raging to completely miss a cycle but we shall see xx
  • Yeah same 🤣🤣 I used to be so anxious about falling pregnant. I’ve definitely learnt to take TV/films with a pinch of salt when they suddenly become pregnant after a one night stand. 

Oh that’s a shame, can you not change it to slightly later in the month? Xx
  • Think it can be common in people with an under active thyroid. Think it's blood stagnation around womb and the massage and acupuncture gets things moving again so it is a more hospitable environment for a baby.

My bbt was higher than normal today. Don't know if that is a coincidence or not. Will monitor it over next few days. Maybe it's helping, maybe it's not but I enjoyed it and felt relaxed after it so will continue for a while and see 😊

Tww or one an bit week wat is rotten. At least you're nearly at Friday. If af doesn't arrive Monday 🤞 are you going to test?

@Emma63 how you feeling?

@sunflowers24 you doing okay? Xx
    I have an underactive thyroid. 

I'm ok thank you. Still dont feel pregnant :( nipples are still sore though took a test again this morning still a strong positive. 

had a congratulation letter from the midwife team and a letter with my midwife names and number on it. she is going to call me in the next 7 to 10 days to introduce herself and they have sent me out a letter with my first scan date. 

I want to message her but dont at the same time x
  • Awww that’s nice @Emma63 that you got a congratulations letter. Your first scan, how exciting! 

I’m feeling a bit low today and don’t think I’ve been successful this month. I just get that feeling x
  • Amy8970 said:
    Awww that’s nice @Emma63 that you got a congratulations letter. Your first scan, how exciting! 

I’m feeling a bit low today and don’t think I’ve been successful this month. I just get that feeling x
    you never know try and stay positive, you might suprise yourself. I didnt think I had until I tested xx
  • I know I remember you thinking that @Emma63 then getting your BFP! Just had like a stitch feeling in my side that lasted a few minutes and been getting dull cramps on and off so think it’s probably a sign AF is due in a few days x
  • Amy8970 said:
    I know I remember you thinking that @Emma63 then getting your BFP! Just had like a stitch feeling in my side that lasted a few minutes and been getting dull cramps on and off so think it’s probably a sign AF is due in a few days x
    you never know I wouldn't rule it out just yet. 

is it bad that I want to call my midwife even thought she hasn't introduced herself to me.yet