Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Coming off contraceptive pill and ttc baby #1! - Part 3

Replies

• How is everyone today?

I’m just waiting for AF to show her ugly face. Been cramping a lot the last two days and leg cramps last night which I usually get when AF due. Anyone else get leg cramps? They can be so painful at times. 

Yeah I would never go back on the pill after seeing others not get their cycles back quickly. I’m lucky mine came back normal xx
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 thanks. How are you doing? I totally agree, I will never ever go back on the pill. It’s a horrible experience, messed people up. It screwed me up mentally as well, I wouldn’t want to be having intimacy with OH for a while. Apparently that’s normal with the pill. Would you recommend the acupuncture? 

@Amy8970 oh dear! I’ll have the AF for you 😅. Praying it’s a little bubs that’s giving you cramps rather than AF. Everything is crossed for you my love xxx
  • Awk @Amy8970 I really hope it's a little bub also ❤️ if not we are here and will support you through af to your next cycle 😘 praying its not af, esp on a Monday 🙏

@sunflowers24 lol at your offer to take af. I remember being jealous of my friends who were having period cramps, thinking ng you're so lucky!!! Lol I enjoyed the accupuuncute. Getting second session in wed so will decide if I really like it in a few weeks I think. I def felt more relaxed but at 60 quid a session it needs to be really. Good lol 

Also I do reckon you were having ov pains so af should be close 🤞🤞🤞

I've had a fab weekend and time off work. Can't believe it's over though 🙄🙄🙄 at least suun is back. 

Hope you have both had a lovely wkend ❤️ xx
  • @sunflowers24 you can have it 😂 I hate the build up to AF 😔 I really hope AF shows her face for you soon or even better a BFP 😍

@cheesecoleslaw86 thanks but I really think AF is on her way.

No AF today when I’ve woke up which is surprising due to the cramps I had last night. However last cycle I ended up having 12day LP so fingers crossed my LP is getting that little bit longer. Had some pink when wiping last night but that’s all 😫 AF just likes messing with me xx
  • @Amy8970 af is such a horrible, cruel witch. It's bad enough you don't get bfp but then you have the emotion and cramps to deal with. Being a woman is the worst at times 🙄

You're not out until she shows but at least if you are, you will have a longer lp with is great news 😊 xxx
  • Still no AF but been spotting a bit today. Yesterday was strange it was like a 5p coin size of blood (sorry tmi) and then pink when wiping. I’ve been having stomach cramps today😫 is anyone else finding the lead up to AF more painful since coming off BC? Xx
  • @Amy8970 that sounds grim. Yeah I find it more painful as time passes since coming off bc.

Was the 5p sized blood red or pink? Still not out until full af is here but I suppose better to prepare yourself 😔 And on a Monday too.... Its just not fair xxx
  • Yeah I feel like each cycle is getting more painful. I’ve had cramps since 8DPO. I just feel really bloated and crampy. It was like a dark pink/slightly red colour yesterday whereas today has just been spotting in cm. 

How are you doing? Xx
  • Eurgh af is just the worst 😭 treat yourself and be kind to yourself over next few days 😘

I'm doing okay thank you. I moved my DH's Sperm analysis back to next Tues so we can bd this wk as ov is hopefully due thurs/Fri. My appt is still wed for scan and blood tests.

This cycle I was thinking of trying something different. I was thinking of waiting to bd until I get peak ov and then the day after. Usually we dtd every other day until I get peak and stop. But I am wondering if this may work. It may not of course but maybe worth a try. 

We dtd last night so it'll not be a hugely long time until we dtd again as I know this can actually affect Sperm quality too.

The clinic had said for dh to abstain for 3 to 5 days for best quality sample so I thought maybe we should practice same until I get peak ov test 🤔 worth a try anyways.

The places the mind goes when ttc. Are you going to book some time off work soon? Xx
  • I’m just pleased my LP seems to be getting longer. Must still be sorting itself out after coming off BC I’m guessing. I’m off this week actually, I booked it in last week as a last minute thing 😊 been for a nice walk to the beach today. 

Yeah maybe it’s a good idea to mix things up a bit. Oh I’m glad you have been able to move your appointment. What’s the scan and blood tests for? Sorry I’m totally clueless about it all xx
  • @Amy8970 so the bloods are for amh, which measures your ovarian reserve 😳 and tsh for thyroid which is good as mine is underactive so it would be good to get their input on that. Then the scan looks at ovaries and uterus etc and checks lining and follicle count in ovaries. So be good to get all that done, but I'm nervous about it too 😢

I'm getting the above done tomo and hubby is giving his sample next Tues. Then we speak to consultant on Thurs 18th about results and where we go from here. 

Great that you booked the week off. I had such a fab week off. Its exactly what I needed so hopefully you feel the same after yours. Has af arrived yet? How are you today?

@Emma63 how are you getting on.

@sunflowers24 I hope you are keeping okay xx
  • Oh that’s interesting, sounds thorough. I hope you get some answers and they are able to help you 🤞🏻 Keep us updated xx

AF has arrived this afternoon after spotting for the last two day. So I’ve had 11 day LP? Obviously can’t be sure seems I don’t BBT but I base it on ovulating 24 hours after peak. I’m just pleased she’s here as she’s given me hell the last few days with cramps. 

It’s lovely to be off, just going for nice walks and relaxing xx
  • Awww @Amy8970 I'm sorry to hear that 😔 but it's always better when she arrives. It's the waiting around and the horrible pms. Glad you are enjoying your week off. Having time and just chilling out is probably exactly what you need and hopefully it'll help you this month 😊

11 day lp is good. Under 10 is an issue. And its better than having a 14 day one as you don't have as torturous a wait lol 

Dh and I are going to order a domino's tonight. V bold but I want one 🍕🍕🍕
  • finally we are back and all reunited. hope your all good x
  • Woohoo we are back. I’m glad I wasn’t on TWW otherwise I would have been going crazy 🤣 I’m good thanks @Emma63 how are you? How is everyone? X
  • Amy8970 said:
    Woohoo we are back. I’m glad I wasn’t on TWW otherwise I would have been going crazy 🤣 I’m good thanks @Emma63 how are you? How is everyone? X
    I'm good thank you. I went for my Early scan on sunday. Saw baby bean. It has a steady heartbeat and is where it's meant to be. I was 2 days earlier than I thought. Sunday just gone I thought I was 7w1d but I was actually 6w6d. 

I would of been going crazy too. 
  • Hello everyone, we are so sorry for the delay, but we had some gremlins that took the tech team a while to fix. Thank you so much for your patience over the past few days, we're so glad to welcome you back. 
  • Hello loves ❤️ @Emma63 so delighted your scan went well ❤️

I have been in tww.... Or rather one and a bit with my poppy lp. I'm 7 dpo currently but can feel cramping 🙄

Got appt with consultant tomo so hope to get some answers and support with short lp 🙏

Will keep you posted. Hope you're all well xxx
  • Awwww so happy for you @Emma63 must be lovely seeing baby. 

Awww @cheesecoleslaw86 I hope you get some answers 🤞🏻 Have you had anymore acupuncture? Xx
  • @Amy8970 I have had 2 sessions so far. I was supposed to have one today but it was cancelled so will prob have next one next wed. She's interested in what is said at appointment tomo so she knows what she needs to work on with me.

Where are you in your cycle? Xx