Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dark OPK on 6dpo! Is this Normal ?

So confused ladies can anyone help please ! My cm was different to normal so took a opk and its come back quite dark and classed as high in my apps . But i had my peak days on the 23rd and 24th im now on 6dpo ! What does this mean 😳  can anyone shed any light ! Was hoping opks detected pregnancy and maybe thats what it could have been but I think that's wishful thinking 😂

Replies

• I’ve been told that they can get lighter and darker throughout the cycle and it’s normal x
  • @Amy8970 thanks for the reply ! I took another this morning and its even darker! Darker than the control line but yes they probably do fluctuate throughout the month x
  • Oh that’s strange but yeah I’ve heard that they can fluctuate. Have you had any symptoms of anything? Xx
  • Not at all really just my cm is a lot more than usual and a different consistency (sorry for all the info) I lost my little girl at 19 weeks on the 1st of april and the cm and tiredness were all i had so not much to go off really xx
  • That’s strange. When would you be expecting AF? Fingers crossed she doesn’t arrive x 
  • So sorry to hear about your loss x
  • now took a clearblue and its the static face which I've already had this month on 23rd and 24th ! Im so confused now! About the 6th of june my af is due xx
  • Have you got a picture of your OPK’s from your peak? X
  • They were just clearblue advanced digital i used on the 23rd and 24th so I have a pic of my smiley face but thats not much use xx
  • Oh right so you didn’t try with an OPK stick? I usually just use the sticks rather than clear blue xx 
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 @Emma63 are either of you able to help with this? I know you have both used clear blue? X 
  • No used the sticks till they got a little darker then tried the clearblue and got my highs then peaks xx
  • @Amy8970 thanks for asking them maybe they will know more about the clearblue ones im at a total loss x
  • How long have you been TTC for? Were you on BC previously? Xx
  • This is my first month trying since I lost my girl on the 1st of april ! Got pregnant with her first time round in December xx
  • edited May 30, 2020 11:29AM
    Hello @Chloe888 I am so so sorry for your loss 😔

In relation to the OPKs it could be 1 of 2 things. Sometimes you get a peak on opk but you don't ovulate and you go on to ovulate a bit later in cycle. The only way to Confirm you have ovulated is to take your temperature using bbt (not sure if you've heard of it) and once you get a few high temos after a positive opk you can be sure you ovulated. So if u were you I would bd incase this is your true ovulation.

Also ovulation tests can be positive if you are  pregnant but I am unsure if this would should at 6 dpo?

So my advice would be to bd now I case this is your true ovulation and if you have a thermometer with 2 decimal places then use if first thing in morning to check if your temp starts to rise. Any other questions give me a shout xx
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 thank you ! Just wondering if my body is all over the place at the moment. Can you take a look at my chart been temping all cycle since I last thought ovulation happened ! Xx
  • Of course. I would say looking at that you haven't yet ovulated as your temp went up but has gone back below then coverline. You would get a sustained temperature shift over a few days. So the cm and the now positive cb and OPKs to. Me. Indicate you could be getting ready to ovulate now. So bd and keep tracking temps and see if they begin to rise after your positive. Good luck and keep us posted ❤️
  • @cheesecoleslaw86 thank you so much we will bd been having a break since last positive opk haha but we'll get back at it ! I'll keep yous posted and put my temps in see if they rise xx
  • You're v welcome 😊 best to know now than miss your window xx