Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

BFN 12 DPO but a day late?

Georgia1987Georgia1987 Regular
edited Jun 7, 2020 4:42PM in Trying to conceive
Hi everyone, this is my first month trying and oh my gawd it’s stressful already. Between weeing on the OPKs and waiting for your period, the most enjoyable part of my cycle has bizarrely become actually being on my period!!! 
My question is, according to the OPK I am now 12 DPO but I’m very regular and I’ve missed my period yesterday. But I got a BFN test. Does this mean I’m just stressed and my period is late as a result, and I’m not pregnant, or is there a glimmer of hope? When should I test next? Thanks everyone! 

Replies

• You’re not out until you get af so I would test again in a few days or just wait it out if you can for 5 days as a missed period isn’t missed until after a week x
  • Hi Georgia, you’re deffo not out until you get af. I am currently 3-4 days late with neg tests but had spotting for 3 days around my af due date. 

I took this test on day it was due...
    which (to me) looked like a v faint line?! But every other brand since has been neg.
  • Hi! Although you’re late, depending on when implantation took place, some people don’t even get a faint bfp until 14 dpo or longer. So as long as af hasn’t arrived have hope
  • Thank you so much everyone! Siia, I’m going to try to wait it out at least 2 days before testing again. Smithy21 fingers crossed for you, looks like a faint line to me and those are the early response tests, right? VRob123 thank you also for your advice. I will def wait till 14 DPO before re-testing and will attempt longer (unless the period comes of course....)
  • update: AF came on yesterday so better luck next month I hope! Thanks for your support. Georgia 
  • Sorry to hear the @Georgia1987 fingers crossed for you next month! 

5 days late tomorrow and still BFNs...
  • Although it’s the lightest flow ever, and I feel nauseous this evening and I never feel sick ever! Weird. Hmm what’s happening to you happened to my friend, but she did get AF after a week, and she thought it could have been a near-miss type thing. Keep me updated! How many DPO are you now? X 
  • Hi guys could I just ask, I’ve taken a test at 11 days DPO, is this positive?? 
  • I would say so yes!