Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hoping for a BFP July 2020 <3

Replies

• @RiaMushk thank you very much. It's my third cycle and my tww last month I was totally obsessed and convicnced I was pregnant. Worst two weeks ever. Good luck tonight baby dust all the way 
  • Thanks @RiaMushk that makes sense. Will keep test using both and hope for the best. 
    That tww is horrific so stressful. Going to try not to do pregnancy test everyday tho 🙈
    @NurseTTC I can completely relate. I had myself convinced I was. So disheartening when you keep getting BFN and AF comes. Definitely going to try to not test this month. 
  • @NurseTTC hate that!! I’ve had cycles in the past before I got pregnant, but since having my baby I just ‘know’ if I am or not in the tww! I still torture myself and take one test before AF due ‘just in case’ hope for a surprise haha! But yeh I think I will just know this time.... 
    @Lizzie321 hold out as long as you can!!! 
    I had a chemical pregnancy once too and I know I wouldn’t have known about it if I hadn’t of tested so early, so that also puts me off testing so early, I wait at least till the day before AF is due!🤗

here’s an update... I took another opk and it’s even darker!? First time using this premom properly so I’m enjoying it hehe hoping my peak will be soon! 

• @RiaMushk I love opks and especially premom! I would retest around 10pm if you can because you’d be surprised how quick it’ll hit the peak and how quickly the readings will start to reduce! I’ve noticed that from my past two cycles so I tested three times a day when my readings were over 1.3 and that’s how I picked up on the peak and how quick it fell xx
  • Evening ladies,

Thank you for all the amazing pics of the egg meets sperm method and the fab opk test strips. I'm using them for the first time this cycle. When during the day is the best time to do them? Is it FMU or later? Should we be doing them twice a day?

How are we all feeling? Any testing today? 

Xx
  • I know it's my first time trying just hope it goes smoothly for us and for you all. I'm praying June/July is the month 
  • @Siiia thank you!!! I’ll definitely do one mor before I go to bed, most probably at 10.
    yeh I’ve never been this precise with OPKs so it certainly is interesting! 

@h@Hopefulolderlass someone may correct me on this but from what I know FMU isn’t the best to test, I normally do one at about 10/11 or midday and then maybe one before I go to bed, and then a day like today once I’m in the high, I’ll do it every few hours just to try and get that peak! 
    I can’t remember what cycle day you’re on at the moment but really depends how long your average cycle is. I started CD 7 as sometimes I have short 25 day cycles and didn’t want to miss a trick! If you have longer cycles than me then probably better to start testing more appropriate to you. Hope that helps! 
  • @RiaMushk helps loads thank you. I am CD2 and normally 28-30 days so I think I'll start on CD8?

• @RiaMushk you’re welcome! I was exactly the same then I read another lady say to increase testing when you start getting high readings and that’s when I picked up the peaks last month and this month.. tbh this is my second month using both opks and bbt and I just feel a lot less chaotic - good luck! 

@Hopefulolderlass So you’re not supposed to use fmu for opks and you should test anytime between 11am all the way through to around 10pm ish! I would say test once a day until the opks start reading highs. I only increase my testing quantity once my opk reading is over 1 and that’s when I start testing two to three times a day and that’s how I’ve managed to pick up on my peak. My cycle is also typically 26-28 days and I start testing around day 8/9 - I hope that makes sense. I’ve found that my peaks are always midday rather than later in the day. Good luck x
  • @Hopefulolderlass yeh that’s sounds good, just one a day until you start to see highs, always better to start early rather than later and miss one!

@Siiia thank you! I got my peak!! 
    So judging by the below, i will ovulate today really or early tomorrow.... seems I’ve got a really ovulation, feel like I was only on AF a couple of day’s ago! 

Might dtd tonight just in case... Husband nearly didn’t want to last night because I mentioned I got my peak and he suddenly felt under a lot of pressure!! 🤣 I had to quickly take the talk off of ttc to lighten the mood... 
    my temp is continuing to rise, my bracelet is still saying that I ovulate on Monday!!! 🧐 I’m emailing them if it doesn’t change in a few days on temp rise and complaining lol it should co inside with opk! 
  • @RiaMushk see how quickly your opk hit that high and then a peak and then reduced, I bet you if you tested today then you’ll see it’s dropped considerably. Mine was exactly the same this cycle and I tend to have my peak today and then ovulate the next day .. this cycle I ovulated at cd10 as well 

i feel like this cycle I ovulated or my leh surged a lot quicker than last month as I had highs for a lot more opks whereas this cycle, I tested more often and my surge came and went so quick! 
  • @Siiia yes it was quick!! By 10 pm it had gone down shortly and now this morning it has gone down quite a bit. I’ll do a couple more tests today and one or two tomorrow just to check... 

I think my cycles has changed slightly and my bracelet is reading my data based on previous cycles, as the OPKs used to match! 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have you given in to testing yet? 
  • SiiiaSiiia Regular
    edited Jun 19, 2020 8:15AM
    @RiaMushk I always ignore what the apps say about ovulation date since I started doing opk and bbt hahah I mean they just calculate it based on an average cycle! I normally do ovulate day 13 but I looks like I ovulated two days earlier this cycle so ya know 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have 😂 it’s a super faint line on a cheapie but don’t want to get my hopes up as the same happened the past two cycles and af still rocked up. Holding out to use the more expensive ones until I’m due af so I don’t actually waste them and don’t get hyped then demoralized 
  • Excellent tips @Siiia & @RiaMushk - interesting that you got peaks at CD10 for a 28ish day cycle. 

I also need to take the pressure of hubby during the 2 week fertile window. he also finds the pressure too much!

• @Hopefulolderlass good luck 🤞🏻
  • @Hopefulolderlass my cycles are now on average 26, last one was 24! So I think this is going to be another 24...

@Siiia my bracelet takes temp, heart rate, HRV, breathing rate into consideration when calculating it etc it’s been fine so far but now I am actually ttc my cycles have changed and it’s gone out of whack! I spent £200 on it so I want to know it’s accurate... hopefully it will catch up with the fact that I’ve actually ovulated already. 

Also, in regards to your pink tinge cm, I get this day before AF, however it sounds like yours is implantation bleeding.... with some women they actually mistake it for a period! So it can last a few days, defo after implantation and sometimes blur into when AF is due. 
    My implantation bleeding with my boy was on 10dpo I think, and was literally just a tiny tiny spot in my knickers, but they come in all different shapes and sizes! 
  • @RiaMushk fingered crossed it is just implantation as I’m so worried that the tests are lying to me again and af rocks up. I got so upset the last two cycles when this happened. I must admit, I’ve been super dry down then since about 4dpo, like feels like a Sahara desert and I’m not normally like that so fingers crossed that’s a sign and not progesterone 😭😭 
  • @Siiia bless you 😔 it is such a blooming rollercoaster isn’t it!!
    sadly I can’t offer much advise on cm being a sign, I distinctly remember with my bfp, I didn’t have any excessive cm and I remember thinking that that meant I was out cause I’d always see people go on about having loads in the tww and it being a sign 🤷🏻‍♀️ So I really think that cm is the same either way... but I guess if you’re not usually dry then that may be a sign!! 
    Keep us updated, I know what it feels like to be on constant knicker/wiping watch! 
  • 🤞🤞 @Siiia will you test again tomorrow?
  • @RiaMushk hahah literally  knicker watch 😂😂😂 the harder I looked for cm the less I saw lol but I’ve read other forums and there’s actually a number of people who found they became drier and got their bfp so fingers crossed 🙏🏻