Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP July 2020 <3

Replies

• @Pennylane87 it is so difficult isn't it. We used pre-seed this month to try and improve our chances. I don't do any charting - just BD every other day and around cycle day 13/14 we bd both days! but my cycles range from 26-28 days so who knows. If we aren't successful this month I will be asking for lots of advice on how to track my temp as apart from that there is nothing extra we can do. Thankfully oh is totally on board and understands so he knows from the day after my period ends we are on it! @RiaMushk as I said above i know nothing about tracking - but based on those lines it must have been your ovulation time, they are so dark!  
  • @Siiia and @Chloe888 thank you for replying! 
    Thing is my temp does rise above my cover line, so I know I ovulated, just it’s unclear as to when... 
    I would have to buy a special one wouldn’t I? I’m guessing you can’t just use a normal one. 

Ava have said they will look into it and let me know why it’s not matching up with my OPKs. 
    It did used to match up, so my hunch is that it is calculating it based on how my cycles were for a while but as I’ve started to ovulate earlier, it’s not catching up... I’ve also started using it looser as it was giving me a rash so it could be that too! 
    Very frustrating, I’ll let you know what my temp carries on saying, hopefully it just goes up. 
    The OPKs are so so dark, I’d be surprised if I wasn’t ovulating, I also get severe ovulation pains... I don’t see why I wouldn’t ovulate two months in a row, I’ve never had fertility issues and I’m 30... so fingers crossed! 😫
  • @RiaMushk I bought the femometer one think it was £8 off amazon its good but I'm going to continue to use it this month but I'm not sure its for me i don't properly understand it I prefer my opks xx
  • @RiaMushk I have the first one ! Its good I use the fermometer app too which I quite like xx
  • Evening ladies, thought I would say I now use something called Ovusense. It's been 100% accurate for me and the easiest thing to use EVER! I used OPKS and personally for me they used to stress me out so much lol. I never used to catch a clear peak OPK so I guess it wasnt as obvious for me! 
    Hope the ladies in the TWW are keeping sane! I drove myself loopy last week, its always the latter part of the TWW that sends me mad! I'm on CD4 today so I have a while until I ovulate again xx
  • @Chloe888 thank you, I’ve ordered it so will arrive on Wednesday! Will be interesting what it says my temp is, however will also be interesting to see how I take it when I’ve got a screaming toddler in the other room 🙈 perfect excuse for hubby to have to go and get him! 🤣

@Char09 whats ovusense?
  • @RiaMushk haha yh its an excuse for your hubby to get him 🤣! Like the convieve plus lube used it for the first time today x
  • Hey guys! Im joining in this month as much as I can.

On month 11 but cycle 12 ttc ( Gulp) this cycle hit me so hard but up to here I've ber super positive and relaxed. 

I feel super fertile ( have amazing peaks and consistent OPKs.... i can feel myself ovulate and feel really in tune with my body. I think ive had 4 chemical pregnancies though ( no bfp's as dont like to test ( bfn fear) but have on 4 occasions been very late and very heavy bleed which is really unusual for me ( usually light-medium and consistent cycles) i feel like i can do this naturally! 

Tried so many different things now ( would have tried accupuncture or accupressure if it wasnt for covid) but this month I've done......

Saalt mentural cups for 12 hrs after DTD

Vitamin D drops

CQ10 pills

Concieve plus pills male and female ( 2nd month)

Magnesium and calcium pills

Omega 3 6 and 9. 

I'm a really relaxed and chilled out person but aproaching the 12 month mark has been really sad to get to. A few friends and family know we have been trying since this time last year so its obvious were struggling with what we had hoped for 😭

Is anyone else close to 1 year or past 1 year TTC? 

• Im 3DPO and AF due 3rd July 🙂

Though this month I might bite the bullet and test on the last day of June.
  • RiaMushkRiaMushk Regular
    edited Jun 23, 2020 6:29AM
    @MrsReadyforanAdventure heya! Thank you for sharing your story, you must feel exhausted and it’s ok to have that defeated feeling, especially as you come to 12 cycles ttc 😔 
    I know you’ve probably heard this all before, but just to clarify, there is most probably nothing wrong with you at all, healthy couples on average take a year to conceive. One of my close friends took over 2 years to conceive, she finally was about to start fertility treatment and she just fell naturally.. she said it’s cause she finally ‘gave up’ (I realise how frustrating that story is, as I hate it when people say, just relax etc etc) anyway, her little boy is almost 3 and now she’s pregnant with her second which took her literally a month to conceive! Moral of the story is I do think it’s down to luck at times. 
    These babies choose us! 

I can’t offer any advice on doing anything different... I’ve been pregnant twice and have one baby, both times I got pregnant I did nothing different... just took plain folic acid and tracked. 

What are your cycles like? Long? Short? Have you ever suffered badly with extremely painful periods throughout your life? 

Also, we are cycle buddies! I am due 4th of July and I’m currently 4 dpo I think! 🤗
  • @Siiia and @Chloe888 I found this article about slow rise in temps after ovulation and now im not so worried! My temp went up quite a bit today, I think I’m just not prone to ‘spikes’ in temp, just a slow riser! 
  • @RiaMushk I've read that before on ava when mine didn't look right haha ! 

Got a flashy face again on the Clearblue advanced so high again and my cheaper opks I took this morning too and it was high but still on the low end if you know what i mean haha xx
  • @RiaMushk this is the link ☺
    https://www.ovusense.com/uk/home-new/?utm_expid=.wCsxrLLsQquj4_kSdTwAYA.1&amp;utm_referrer=https://www.google.com/ 

@MrsReadyforanAdventure I'm on cycle 12 now! I can't believe how quickly a year has nearly gone. I can totally relate to the sadness too I really can. It sounds like your doing everything right. If your cycle is regular why don't you bin the OPKS? Like you said your really in tune with your body. Have a month off and trust it! The month I done that I fell pregnant (sadly ended in a loss) 
    Xx 
  • @Chloe888 they have some great articles on there! 

Oooo yes i can’t remember your smep plan but I guess you can dtd every other day from now? Lol I know what you mean by the OPKs, just monitor as mine tend to go dark very quick and then light so it’s easily missed! I guess your digital one would pick up the peak anyway so you’re safe! 
  • @RiaMushk yh I've read loads on there they are really informative! Smep started cycle day 10 so at least I'm dtd every other day ! Yh the digital one should definitely pick it up ! I'm just so desperate for it to match in probably with my opks this month and finally feel like i have an understanding haha xx
  • @RiaMushk yea I think that sounds about right. Also, Ava is a skin temp right? So I don’t think you’d get the same chart as someone who is using an old fashioned thermometer which would have higher readings and would show a genuine spike/increase. Like I said, I don’t know much about Ava but you are definitely rising bbt wise so I wouldn’t be too worried ♥️♥️
  • @Siiia omg yes! You’re completely right!! Sorry, took me a while there to figure out what you were saying but it completely makes sense lol I was thinking my temps look sooo weird! But yes it tracks 7 parameters in total so it isn’t as simple as temps. 
    Here’s a graph of my last cycle, it’s a lot different to all yours! 

• Hi all you lovely ladies 😘 sorry I haven’t posted the last couple of days. And so begins the crazy TWW. Seriously need to keep myself busy and not drive myself demented with symptom spotting and testing. 
    @RiaMushk the Ava bracelet seems interesting I had never heard. If I don’t get bfp this cycle I might start charting temp. Was very confused over peak on CB and no peak on opk sticks.
    hope everyone is doing well would love to hear ideas on how to stay sane during tww 😂
  • @Lizzie321 that's what happened to me last month they didn't tie in with each other! Hope they do this month xx