Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Question about Clomid and Progesterone Levels

Hi all,

I posted on the forum for struggling to conceive too, but I thought maybe someone on here could help, as well. I am undergoing Clomid treatments and am seeking advice from anyone who has taken it before. Last month was my first cycle, and I was informed by my doctor that my levels were a 2 at the 23 day blood draw, and therefore had not ovulated. As a result, she prescribed a higher dosage (I went from 50 to 100 mg) and just went in for my second day 23 blood cycle draw yesterday. I will say that as far as symptoms go, I had every hot flash and emotional reaction on the 100 mg, and with the 50, I didn't feel it at all. Luckily, the symptoms do die down after the pills are gone, but I had hope that if I felt the symptoms this time, maybe I ovulated and maybe I was even pregnant.

I guess all this is to ask if anyone is any good at knowing about progesterone levels and if that can indicate early pregnancy. I had my blood results emailed to me this morning because my doctor has that as an option, and they were at a 13.5. My doctor told me that being as close to a 10 as possible indicates ovulation. Naturally, I got excited and wondered if I could even be pregnant, so I took a test and it came back negative, but it is still early (I'm only on day 24) so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I guess I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience, and if there are any success stories you can share with me on Clomid. If so, what were your progesterone levels at on your day 23 blood check if you had conceived that cycle? thank you in advance!

Replies

• Hi, a friend of mine was on 50mg clomid treatment, she has the symptoms you described..where we live we get the blood test on day 21, and her progesterone levels were low..so she thought she was out..drs also told if no period then test on day 35, so day 35 came and she got her bfp!! Her baby boy is now two weeks old, so keep hope,l. I hope this is a little reassurance for you x
  • LouiseB24 said:
    Hi, a friend of mine was on 50mg clomid treatment, she has the symptoms you described..where we live we get the blood test on day 21, and her progesterone levels were low..so she thought she was out..drs also told if no period then test on day 35, so day 35 came and she got her bfp!! Her baby boy is now two weeks old, so keep hope,l. I hope this is a little reassurance for you x
    Oh wow, that's awesome!! My levels are at a 13.5, so I am hopeful this time around. I guess I'll find out soon, hopefully I just tested too soon!
  • I will keep my fingers crossed for you, please keep me updated x
  • Aww thank you, I will! Still no period today and I'm on Day 26 of cycle - fingers crossed! I might take a test tomorrow or Wednesday. It looks like ovulation occurred a little later this cycle so I'm trying to wait!