Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Positive advice after a miscarriage

Evening all you beautiful people.
Im having a really down  evening. I had a miscarriage in march and i’m just having a bad evening.Im worrying i won’t fall pregnant again. Any advice etc? I completely get everyone is different but just want some advice and positive thoughts.
Ive had two periods since.
Thank you in advice 

Replies

• Firstly let me say I'm so sorry about your loss and I r ew ally hope you are doing ok 💗I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, miscarriages are so common it's just that you don't hear much about them. You got pregnant and that's a good sign too 😊 

I had an early loss last year (chemical pregnancy as it's called before 6 weeks) and I am now currently 21 weeks and 3 days with a little girl.

Wishing you all the luck x
  • Thank you so much! It is just awful and i just think so negative!
    How long did it take you to fall pregnant again?
    Also sorry for your loss, but congratulations x x
  • I understand. Last year I felt negative but after knowing I could conceive, it almost gave me some comfort knowing it could happen. We just needed the right egg and right sperm to meet 😊

Well our situation was a little bit awkward as the week after our loss last September my work went into administration so we had to make the decision to put TTC on hold. So I went back onto the pill in October and then stopped at the end of December, new years eve I think.

Then we were going to wait for my AF to return before trying so used protection. Then one day I got a high reading on and OPK and we just ignored the protection and here I am lol really didn't see it coming after taking longer last year.

This time around i was using OPKs and tracking using BBT.
    The time last year took 5 months but the month we feel pregnant was the first time trying OPKs. 

• Sorry for your loss <3 I had one in May, it’s heart breaking. Just want to let you know that I’ve had 2 positive tests (one yesterday morning and one today) so you can conceive quite soon!! Hope you don’t take it as I’m bragging, I just want to let you know it does happen! Don’t lose hope <3 Sending baby dust xx 
  • No course not! Super happy for you! It’s nice to hear it can happen!

i just keep panicking i won’t fall pregnant again and it’s horrible. 
    I get that everyone is different and that! 
  • Hello, I hope you are feeling abit more positive now after reading some success stories. Here is mine. I feel pregnant in August 2016, went for my 12 weeks scan in November to find out I had a missed miscarriage, I was of course non of the wiser due to no bleeding so was in complete shock and devastated as, of course, I was thinking I’d be seeing my baby on the screen. Anyway my body was not letting go of the pregnancy so I had a little operation to remove the baby. In February 2017 I felt ready to try again, March 2017 had my positive pregnancy test and now I have my 2 year old boy, 3 in December trying to climb all over me as I’m typing this. So it took 4 mths to fall pregnant again. 
  • @Lily211 how are you doing? Feeling any better? I just found this thread when searching for one with people that can relate to find some comfort or something myself. I didn't quite have a miscarriage, but an ectopic pregnancy. My tube ruptured at 6 weeks and I had to have surgery to remove it and the pregnancy 💔. That was in March and I'm still struggling with recovering. I feel like the whole worlds moved on and I'm still standing still wondering how everyone moved on so quickly. Losing a pregnancy was the most painful experience I've ever had and the obsession and desperation to get pregnant again has been almost unbearable. I know none of that is positive, and I'm sorry, but I think there's comfort in not being/feeling alone? You've been able to conceive once so it can happen again!!  That is wonderful to think about. Unfortunately nobody can say when. As for tips, I don't have any and I'd love to hear any and all tips others have to share. 
    Have you talked to your partner about it? Asked about the condoms? 
    I hope you are feeling more positive and get your sticky bean very soon 💜
  • @Lily211Sorry for your loss, my husband and I had 4 years of trying with no success, including 3 attempts  of IUI, we then finally started our treatment for IVF, I started taking the down reg drugs and boom! We get pregnant naturally, that pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage which totally broke me, it ment we lost what we had waited so long for but also ment we lost our funding for IVF, however, the next month we got pregnant again (naturally again) and we now have our beautiful daughter. Focus on the positives as much as you can, make yourself the best version that you have ever been and then I'm sure it'll all slot in to place 💗 stay strong!
  • Hello! What are the Red drugs? I’ve only just seen this message!
    I hope you all are okay and keeping your chins up!