Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Trying to conceive troubles

Hi Guys, I’m new here but feel that I can let me feelings and emotions out here! 
So same as many of you guys I’m trying to conceive with my first healthy baby. Last year was a very tough year for both me and my partner when I had two miscarriages, one ‘healthy’ and the other a missed miscarriage. After the first we decided together with my gynaecologist that we could try again within the next two months and fell pregnant quickly, however in this case we lost our second baby. The trauma from the second miscarriage made us stronger as a couple but undecided on our next more. We waited for around 4/5 months, then we decided that if it happens it happens. Well a year later, ovulation strips, negative pregnancy tests and heartache I just don’t seem to be falling pregnant. I’m starting to feel very unwomanly, I know that I shouldn’t and that it could be a number of things but I’m so drained. 

People say, it’ll happen when you least expect it. But as a woman trying to conceive I’m getting impatient and dishearten every month. I’m currently 6dpo and taking all the advice on the internet, group forums and pregnancy pages I just don’t feel very lucky this month, I just want to melt down, kick, punch, cry and scream. I don’t want to sound selfish but these are my emotions. I am also dealing with my hurt and emotions that my cousin is now 6 months pregnant and looking forward to her baby. I so envy her and the memories that I never got to experience with my two angel babies! She doesn’t understand how lucky she really is. 
Sorry for the long post but I just needed somewhere safe to express my emotions. 
Love you all and spreading baby dust to you all! 
Kay 

Replies

• Kay I feel you! After 14 months of trying we fell pregnant with our little girl last year, unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to her at 16 weeks. Since the loss we have been trying a year with no luck at all! Now in the process of being referred. 
    Do you know when your ovulating? Have they referred you for anymore tests? Xx
  • Hi, Char

i have been using ovulation strips for the last few months and shows that I ovulated on the 20th of June, so I’m 6 dpo. We definitely gave it our best shot this time so really am hopeful! If nothing this month I going to go to the doctors and hopefully get referred for testing etc. When I had my second miscarriage the gynaecologist did check and said that nothing is visually wrong but still worrying xx