Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First attempt ttc. Has anyone got any tips?

Hello everyone,

after having to cancel mine and my partners wedding in October, we have decided to attempt to conceive baby number 1. It is our first attempt and I’m feeling a little lost on where to start in regards to increasing our chances. Has anyone got any tips? Or is anyone else in the same boat? X

Replies

• Start taking prenatal vitamins before TTC. drink plenty of water. Stop consuming alcohol or stop smoking if you are a smoker. Exercise if you can and eat balanced food. Track your bbt and record your temperature on app like fertility friend or fermometer. You can try using OPK strips as it helps you to know when your ovulation is most likely to occur. Stress less and let the nature do its thing. 😉
  • Honestly the best advice is have fun 
    enjoy the time 
    take your vitamins and don’t buy pregnancy tests in bulk 😂
  • I am in my first month TTC and i feel so impatient waiting to ovulate!
  • Ami612 said:
    Hello everyone,

after having to cancel mine and my partners wedding in October, we have decided to attempt to conceive baby number 1. It is our first attempt and I’m feeling a little lost on where to start in regards to increasing our chances. Has anyone got any tips? Or is anyone else in the same boat? X
    Hello! same boat, we have had to postpone our wedding from August to next year and have decided to TTC. I think i agree with some of the users in here where you should just have fun... 

I did lots of research, and on TTC2 i even bought the conception tablets (his & hers), preseed and clear blue 2 days ovulation test - no success! I know it's early days and the chance of success are low, but gets a little disheartening.

AF came yesterday and i am waiting for it to finish... so i can start again with the ovulation test and continue with vitamins.

Good luck to everyone and please do share your journey! :)