Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does anyone track their ovulation by CM and not OPKs?

So its our first month trying, thought i would avoid OPKs as my CM is usually very obvious to indicate where i am in my ovulation cycle. Typically now we are TTC and i am paying more attention to it i find its hard to spot and tell where i am. Does anyone else track it through CM? Im not sure if im a few days away from ovulating or if ive missed it

Replies

• It’s hard to track any part of your cycle with CM as I don’t think it is reliable enough. The EWCM is present throughout your fertile window so it doesn’t pinpoint exactly where or when you ovulate x
  • @Siiia the funny thing EWCM has only ever been present for max 2 days at a time for me. But now im relying on it its like my body isnt playing ball, typical x
  • Could you chart your temperatures instead of using opks? It won't show before you ovulate, but alongside an app will predict when your fertile time would be and then you'll see if and when you are ovulating once it's happened. If you track for more than a month and your cycles are regular, you'll see a pattern of when you ovulate, so can make sure you dtd/bd around that time. 

I did use a digital opk before I got pregnant last time, which I found much easier (though more expensive) than trying to read coloured strips. X
  • @HippieMama4 Yeah i guess i could! With it being our first month trying we was going with the relaxed approach, but in no way am i relaxed haha!x
  • It's amazing how quickly you can become obsessed with ttc, especially using forums like this one! 😆 x
  • Oh i know! Im now debating whether to test before AF is due to track any possible chemical pregnancies so i can document it all. But im not sure x