Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cramping.. Implantation or period? P

Hey everyone ☺️ 
I feel like i ask way to many questions on here but im really struggling with getting pregant, especially emotionally after i had a chemical pregancy last month. 
Im just looking some advice, i have been having really bad period like cramps in my lower stomach and back for a few days as well as constant headaches and feeling sick and dizzy in general. My period is due in a week however i had unprotected sex a week ago, is there a chance this could be implantation cramping?
Also tmi, but a couple of days ago i had really bad discharge, white and thick and it was practically pouring out of me which is something ive never experienced before. 
Thank you ❤️

Replies

• Hello! It is super hard to say which it could be because the biggest culprit is progesterone and that’s the hormone that causes all the symptoms, both PMS and early pregnancy symptoms so it’s incredibly hard or almost impossible to differentiate between the two. Sometimes they say it’s symptoms that are out of the norm for you but I’ve fallen for that trick in the past where I’ve had new symptoms every cycle and then still had AF rock up - not to dishearten you! My point is, it is possible to be either or and you’ll only know by testing closer to AF date - good luck! Xx
  • @Siiia thank you!!
    Yeah i was thinking the same thing, the reason im unsure is because i never have cramping this soon before a period, but i understand that is a possibility. Wish i could just take a test now but i know its too soon.
  • I would wait 3-4 days or so before you bother to test as a positive won’t show for a good few days after successful implantation.. again that could still show a false negative so the closer to af you test, the better your chances of getting a. Real result x
  • Did you test @Jade753 x
  • @Kaayy171991
    I did, ive been getting faint possitives for a couple of days but not sure if they're definitely positive, still no period yet xxxxx
  • Fingers crossed for you hun! I'm going through the same af due Saturday I'm 9dpo last few days been feeling not 100% nausea extremely tired aches and pains stomach n back and horrible headaches too x
  • @Kaayy171991
    Thank you, actually could i get your opinion on my most recent test please??
    Aww i hope it all works out for you, definitely sounds similar to my situation, have you tried an early test? Xxx
  • Yeah go on hun don't have to ask. No not yet just gonna wait n see been in this situation so many times then af show her face in the unfortunately  xx
  • @Kaayy171991thank you so much, this is the test here 

Awk i know, its a horrible feeling getting af after thinking there's a possibility, really wish you the best of luck xx
  • Tbh I can't see anything don't know if it's my phone or the pic have you got anymore pics xx
  • I've heard cb are not that good tho try frer xx
  • @Kaayy171991
    It was a very very faint line, theres also this test i did 2 days ago xx
  • @Jade753 I’m sorry but I can’t see anything. Also this second test from a few days ago is an awful brand!! It gave me false positives for two cycles in a row so I can tell you, it’ll only break your heart when af shows her face! I hope that’s not the case for you but just wanted to give you a heads up! Avoid these crap tests and try using a frer since they’re the most reliable xx
  • @Siiia
    Thank you for the advice!!
    Im going to stop testing and just wait for af now, for a week or so, honestly i just want an answer now either way so at least if af comes i can stop focusing so much on every single test and then try again xx