Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Opinions plz DPO Confusion

Hey, I need help please. 
My apps (Ovia & Femometer) say I’m 5dpo but as you can see I had my 1st peak on the 30th of June and I just wondered how many DPO you would consider yourself If these were your results?
Would you say go from the 30th? Or the 1st

(I didn’t really get on with temping so the results are not reliable, Ovia changed my dates due to changes in my CM)

Many thanks in advance x

Replies

• Sorry im not sure but ive wondered this myself so i would love to see what responses you get!
  • So it’s hard to decide when to start calculating your dpo if you don’t temp since temping is what confirms the date of ovulation as opks only give you an indication that you should ovulate soon, it doesn’t pinpoint exactly when you’ve ovulated. Typically people ovulate 24-48h after they get their peak opk which in your case is 30/06 .. I hope that makes sense? Having high opks doesnt actually confirm anything, it’s just a prompt to have sex as your in the fertile window and due to ovulate soon. 
  • If you did ovulate Then yes, you’d be 5 dpo at max if we are counting from 48h post your peak which would mean a potential ovulation on 1st or 2nd July meaning 1dpo would be 3rd etc 
  • Hey @Siiia! Thank you for your insight, very much appreciated. That does make sense.
    How are you getting on?
  • You’re welcome.. yea I’m not too bad thank you, plodding along!